Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Arrival PLUS?

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay Arrival PLUS?

Just talked to CSR. No annual fee Arrival is NOT getting EMV at this time. 

Message 71 of 201
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

DigitalArk you better un-photoshop that card Smiley Sad

Message 72 of 201
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

Am I the only one who isn't in a hurry to get this replacement card or doesn't care about World Elite status?

I put about $10k/mo on my Arrival but don't think I would use many if any of the World Elite benefits so if they don't do upgrades then I'm not going to worry about it. In fact if they don't even send me the upgraded card anytime soon that's fine with me - they had to issue me a new card several months ago due to potential fraud that they supposedly detected and it was a pain having to re-setup a lot of my auto pays - especially for business expenses where I had to call and/or fax in information.

I'm content with the current card I have with the added benefits of being able to use additional categories and especially the additional 30 days to redeem rewards - since I budget and pay for my travel in full and then treat the card as a pure cash back card.

Message 73 of 201
Longroad
Established Contributor

Just talked to customer service and I should be getting the new Arrival + in 7-10 business days. Hope USPS is quick.

Message 74 of 201
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Just talked to CSR. No annual fee Arrival is NOT getting EMV at this time. 

Same here. I asked via secure message and was told it's not available.

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 75 of 201
movingonup23
Valued Member

I have the arrival platinum Mastercard with a limit of $7500. Originally I was approved 10 months ago for $2500 and it has been increased twice, both by me initiating the increase.

I emailed customer service via secure message to find out if my platinum Mastercard could be upgraded to a world mastercard. I have been told before that it was not possible. I just got the response back and it stated my account would be upgraded to a world elite mastercard on May 28th. Just thought some of you may be interested to know it is possible to upgrade without applying for a new card.
Message 76 of 201
Faust

@movingonup23 wrote:
I have the arrival platinum Mastercard with a limit of $7500. Originally I was approved 10 months ago for $2500 and it has been increased twice, both by me initiating the increase.

I emailed customer service via secure message to find out if my platinum Mastercard could be upgraded to a world mastercard. I have been told before that it was not possible. I just got the response back and it stated my account would be upgraded to a world elite mastercard on May 28th. Just thought some of you may be interested to know it is possible to upgrade without applying for a new card.

That's good to hear. I applied for the Arrival two months ago and only got the platinum version. Hoping that in 6 months when they typically do a check for CLIs that I get pushed beyond the $5k+ limit and then I can ask for an upgrade.

My card image did change when I logged in this morning to check my account but I won't be requesting a new card for now. I have no need for the chip as of yet and I'm hoping to upgrade anyway. If I get the upgrade I'm likely to keep the Arrival card even after the AF.

Message 77 of 201
LeadingMan
New Contributor

Just got off phone with CSR. New cards being sent in June but can request new card now. Requested new card and should arrive in 7-10 days. Same acct number so no changes there. Elite only available with new application (Just to double down on info that has already been given). 

Arrival + WEMC 12.5K / AMEX BCE 12K / Cap1 Venture 10K / Discover IT 9.5K / CITI DP 9.1K / AMEX ED 6K / Freedom VS 6K / CSP 5K / IHG 5K

Message 78 of 201
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@LeadingMan wrote:

Just got off phone with CSR. New cards being sent in June but can request new card now. Requested new card and should arrive in 7-10 days. Same acct number so no changes there. Elite only available with new application (Just to double down on info that has already been given). 

Interesting, I just called and spoke to a CSR about getting an EMV card expedited to me, because I leave for an international trip in 10 days.  She was very nice and even spoke to a supervisor, but told me cards were not going to be available to be sent until the 28th.  So there is no way to receive one before my trip.

Message 79 of 201
eddie84
Valued Contributor

The new card looks pretty cool plus it has EMV chip and free upgrade or whatever so why not. lol  Wifey wants to go to London soon, I'll bring it along for a test run. Smiley Very Happy

Message 80 of 201
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.