Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Arrival Plus to Arrival

tag
uswala
Senior Contributor

Barclay Arrival Plus to Arrival

Does Barclays allow downgrading the Arrival Plus to Arrival after an year once the AF has to kick in. I heard people do that with Chase CSP, but not sure about Barclays.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay Arrival Plus to Arrival

Yes, they do. They allow you to downgrade before the year hits. I've done this before. 

Message 2 of 6
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@uswala wrote:

Does Barclays allow downgrading the Arrival Plus to Arrival after an year once the AF has to kick in. I heard people do that with Chase CSP, but not sure about Barclays.

from what i have read thats doable. I think it would be good idea to do that if you don't have enough spend on that card to make the 89 AF worth it. I know for me in particular if i were to get that card i would cancel before AF hits downgrade to regular arrival and use an no af 2% cashback card. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 6
uswala
Senior Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@uswala wrote:

from what i have read thats doable. I think it would be good idea to do that if you don't have enough spend on that card to make the 89 AF worth it. I know for me in particular if i were to get that card i would cancel before AF hits downgrade to regular arrival and use an no af 2% cashback card. 

Thanks!

Me and my wife decided on apping for Arrival as we would not have been able tro spend $2500 in 3 months for5 the Arrival+ bonus

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Barclays-Recon-Successful/td-p/3661302

Message 4 of 6
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@uswala wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@uswala wrote:

Thanks!

Me and my wife decided on apping for Arrival as we would not have been able tro spend $2500 in 3 months for5 the Arrival+ bonus

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Barclays-Recon-Successful/td-p/3661302

You should have applied for it and used an Amex serve. Oh well, next time! Congrats nonetheless. 

Message 5 of 6
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

@uswala wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@uswala wrote:

Thanks!

You should have applied for it and used an Amex serve. Oh well, next time! Congrats nonetheless. 

Not everybody feels comfortable doing that thing you speak of mr arrnold :-)

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.