Barclay Arrival Vs Barclay Rewards

tag
LeadingMan
New Contributor

Re: Barclay Arrival Vs Barclay Rewards

@Scupra wrote:

@Shock_ wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

I say you app for it as soon as your bce reports to tu.

and the Citi CLI reports Smiley Happy

I honestly dont think I qualify for Arrival...Rewards World MC only Smiley Sad' are they good with recon?

I'm confused by this.. There is two versions of the Arrival card, the WMC and the plat. If you are not approved for the WMC they can approve you for the plat. They are very similar and both earn 2x miles for every $. 

I am kind of backwards and think apping before the BCE reports would be better. Only because Barclays might give a smaller CL seeing a new AMEX with a high CL. Good luck and keep us posted, i think you'll be approved Smiley Happy 

I app'd a week after my new Discover It reported and two days after being approved for Freedom and BCE and was instantly approved for Arrival World. Prior to that I only had two QSO's with $800 limits reporting. I also received the 7-10 day for Chase. Had to recon...with success...but no issue with Arrival approval. Something tells me I would have been denied Arrival without Discover on my report. Anything to help boost the score as mine went from 711 to 767 after reporting. 

Arrival + WEMC 12.5K / AMEX BCE 12K / Cap1 Venture 10K / Discover IT 9.5K / CITI DP 9.1K / AMEX ED 6K / Freedom VS 6K / CSP 5K / IHG 5K

Message 51 of 56
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

@nois wrote:

@Shock_ wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

I honestly dont think I qualify for Arrival...Rewards World MC only Smiley Sad' are they good with recon?

You can certainly call the credit analyst dept right after your app if you receive the 7-10 day message or denial. i did this when applying for Arrival WMC. I initially received 7-10 day review and they were able to approve and transfer part of the CL from my Sallie Mae card over to the Arrival immediately as I requested. The account reports quickly as well. 

Do you currentLy have accounts with 5k or more CL?

amex bce 2 days old 7k limit

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 52 of 56
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@Shock_ wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

I'm confused by this.. There is two versions of the Arrival card, the WMC and the plat. If you are not approved for the WMC they can approve you for the plat. They are very similar and both earn 2x miles for every $. 

I am kind of backwards and think apping before the BCE reports would be better. Only because Barclays might give a smaller CL seeing a new AMEX with a high CL. Good luck and keep us posted, i think you'll be approved Smiley Happy 

not sure if it will help or hinder, but my amex bce is backdated to januaey 2013, so it wont look like a new tradeline i presume. it shouldnt scare them right?

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 53 of 56
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

@LeadingMan wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@Shock_ wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

I app'd a week after my new Discover It reported and two days after being approved for Freedom and BCE and was instantly approved for Arrival World. Prior to that I only had two QSO's with $800 limits reporting. I also received the 7-10 day for Chase. Had to recon...with success...but no issue with Arrival approval. Something tells me I would have been denied Arrival without Discover on my report. Anything to help boost the score as mine went from 711 to 767 after reporting. 

thats a pretty high jump for one card, especially considering its a new tradeline.

Message 54 of 56
LeadingMan
New Contributor

@Shock_ wrote:

@LeadingMan wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@Shock_ wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

thats a pretty high jump for one card, especially considering its a new tradeline.

I was surprised myself. I know part of it was due to my Cap1's both having low limits so when my Discover reported a 5.5k CL it helped my credit limit per card average. I think my util was also a little bit high so adding the high limit dropped it considerably thus the jump in score. 

Arrival + WEMC 12.5K / AMEX BCE 12K / Cap1 Venture 10K / Discover IT 9.5K / CITI DP 9.1K / AMEX ED 6K / Freedom VS 6K / CSP 5K / IHG 5K

Message 55 of 56
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

@LeadingMan wrote:

@Shock_ wrote:

@LeadingMan wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@Shock_ wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

I was surprised myself. I know part of it was due to my Cap1's both having low limits so when my Discover reported a 5.5k CL it helped my credit limit per card average. I think my util was also a little bit high so adding the high limit dropped it considerably thus the jump in score. 

i think ill wait for my collection to fall off first..and try to up the limits on my other cards first to boost my score..

does anybody know if there is a threshold that warrants a higher score, say....3k or 5k?

Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.