cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Arrival and Arrival+ ?

tag
tlgp

Barclay Arrival and Arrival+ ?

I was recently approved for the Arrival and was wondering if it was possible to get both the Arrival and Arrival+ in order to get both bonuses.  If so, could you then combine both bonuses in the Arrival+ account, cancel the Arrival and then downgrade from Arrival+ to Arrival before the AF hits?  That would leave you with 60,000 miles and no AF...

BOA Cash Rewards: $4000 Discover IT: $1600 Chase Freedom: $3200 AMEX BCE: $2000 Barclay Arrival: $4000
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay Arrival and Arrival+ ?

Not sure the answer to your question but if you don't mind answering this for me. What was your credit profile like when you applied for the Arrival? I want to app for the arrival + and want to know what are some of the things they look for.
Message 2 of 7
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@tlgp wrote:

I was recently approved for the Arrival and was wondering if it was possible to get both the Arrival and Arrival+ in order to get both bonuses.  If so, could you then combine both bonuses in the Arrival+ account, cancel the Arrival and then downgrade from Arrival+ to Arrival before the AF hits?  That would leave you with 60,000 miles and no AF...

Back in Jan of this year,I was approved for the Arrival with a $15.800 credit limit,Fast foward to may of this year,I applyed for the Arrival+ got approved for $10K.about 2 weeks ago,Called the credit dept and moved the $15.800 from the Arrival to the Arrival+ for a combained limit of $25.800.hope this helps you

Message 3 of 7
tlgp

@sandman2435 wrote:

@tlgp wrote:

Back in Jan of this year,I was approved for the Arrival with a $15.800 credit limit,Fast foward to may of this year,I applyed for the Arrival+ got approved for $10K.about 2 weeks ago,Called the credit dept and moved the $15.800 from the Arrival to the Arrival+ for a combained limit of $25.800.hope this helps you

Were you able to combine the miles as well?

BOA Cash Rewards: $4000 Discover IT: $1600 Chase Freedom: $3200 AMEX BCE: $2000 Barclay Arrival: $4000
Message 4 of 7
tlgp

@Jaylima91 wrote:
Not sure the answer to your question but if you don't mind answering this for me. What was your credit profile like when you applied for the Arrival? I want to app for the arrival + and want to know what are some of the things they look for.

19 Yr old Student, AAOA 10 months, Oldest Account 1yr, 7 months.  I had all the cards shown in my Signature (except the Arrival, of course) with those limits when I applied.  I was instantly approved for $4,000.

Message 5 of 7
sandman2435
Established Contributor

I have already cashed in on the 20K in miles before I moved the credit limit over to the other card,I've already met the spend requiment to get the 40K on the + card,I mostly only use this card now,Its most likely the best bang for the buck.as you get a 2.2 return on your spend.as long as you redeme for travelSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@tlgp wrote:

I have both the Arrival and Arrival Plus. I am going to close the Arrival next month and see if i could transfer the limit over the Plus. Keeping the plus because like the higher rewards on it. I will ask a few days before if i can combine the remaining points on my Arrival but i dont think they will be able. Only have a couple of thousand now so will just cash them out when i am ready to close. You can try calling and ask or just send them a SM see what they say.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.