cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Arrival denied due to 7 TU HPs...

tag
codesingh
Regular Contributor

Barclay Arrival denied due to 7 TU HPs...

Too bad...I am denied because I have 7 HPs in past 7 months.

Other details about my CR are:

Score: above 735 on all 3 CB

baddies: none

existing TL with barclay: 1 (nfl extra points)...always PIF (first open in March 2013)

I don't know what else should matter...I'll never understand the way decisions are made on TLs.

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Barclay Arrival denied due to 7 TU HPs...

Sorry for the denial. Barclays seems to be Inq/new acct sensitive more than any other lender
Message 2 of 19
codesingh
Regular Contributor

ya seems that way. no worries...i'll wait for sometime for next eval.

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 3 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 19
codesingh
Regular Contributor

I wondered why I wasn't freaking out...coz it is my first denial in 7 months of approval after approvals...hence no worries!

Message 5 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@codesingh wrote:

I wondered why I wasn't freaking out...coz it is my first denial in 7 months of approval after approvals...hence no worries!

A little time in the garden and then apply again for best resultsSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 19
john398
Senior Contributor

just curious did you call for a recon? Sometimes if you can explain the inquires they will approve

Message 7 of 19
JonStur
Established Contributor

+1

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 8 of 19
codesingh
Regular Contributor

Yes. They denied me based on their internal(because i got their NFL extra points in March). It wasn't a HP until then.

I looked up the backdoor number for barclay and called the number, they asked for my permission for a HP I authorized, still no go! He did mention that my file looks good but just that they need to see my existing TL mature with their bank more. Cr*p cr*p cr*p

Message 9 of 19
john398
Senior Contributor

@codesingh wrote:

Yes. They denied me based on their internal(because i got their NFL extra points in March). It wasn't a HP until then.

I looked up the backdoor number for barclay and called the number, they asked for my permission for a HP I authorized, still no go! He did mention that my file looks good but just that they need to see my existing TL mature with their bank more. Cr*p cr*p cr*p

oh ok, so they only do a soft pull if you have another card with them, like AMEX does?  or did I read that wrong

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.