Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Arrival+ lowered bonus

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay Arrival+ lowered bonus

And yes, Chase originally denied having the 5/24 rule after they'd implemented it. It wasn't until the rest of us confirmed it with data points that they came clean about it.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justagirl73 wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@Justagirl73 wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

What is the point of offering it and won't approve anyone??

They will approve people. Posters on this site have recently been approved. They are essentially trying stop churning. 

If they are consistent and have a clearly stated rule, like Chase 5/24, then we all know.  It is not good to have a moving standard.  

If memory serves me correctly, Chase did not confirm the rule until after it went in affect. There were rumors about it, IIRC. I could be wrong. If I am, my apologies now. 

A moving standard is not good, but I'm sure the majority of their clients are not churning excessively. They are not targeting them (nonchurners). As I stated, we have posters here getting approved.

If you churn once every 2 years, I'm sure its fine to them. Multiple times a year? NOPE, probably not fine! Should they warn churners beforehand? I wouldn't. 

Im not judging anyone, bc I have my own profile to worry about. But, I can't see blaming the company for trying to shut down a practice that cost them money.  Just my 2 cents. 

If they want to fix gaming they should stop offering sign-up bonuses.  The 5/24 rules hasn't helped Chase.  They lost 200 million dollars in one quarter on the Reserve.  All it has done is make people new to churning to hit Chase up first.  If you get a Chase business card you can burn Chase for six sign-up bonuses and if you are married 12 times.  Probably loses them customers who might legitimately use their card to carry debt and pay interest. 

Great thing about Arrival + is it isn't miles you are getting it is a statement credit for any sort of travel. I got 650 dollars with 3k spend.  I will probably keep the Arrival + after the first year and if stop churning it will be my go to card.   I don't see any other card giving you 2.05 cents per dollar spent.   If I were eliglbe for CSP that would be a different story but to me this is the best of the non CSP cards.  

Message 12 of 13
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Whatever they do it is fine.  Its website is still hard to navigate and I have to answer security questions each time.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.