Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Arrival plus

tag
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Barclay Arrival plus

Hello, I would like some opinions on Barclay Arrival Plus World Elite. i am going to be doing quite a bit of traveling and I already have a Visa Sig in my wallet and would like a World Elite MC now. If I apply for this card specifically, are they going to send me the one they feel is more appropriate for me? In other words, will they send me the one that isn't the World Elite without telling me? If I don't get approved for the world Elite I don't want a random BarclayCard sent to me. What are some experiences you guys have had with Barclay? I cherish every opinion so please do not hesitate. I am open to other options as well.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Arrival plus

In reading the terms and conditions of the card it appears to me they try to qualify a person for the Barclays Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard. However, in the event the person does not qualify they will be denied. Did not see any provision that they would issue any alternative card (best check their terms & conditions yourself to ensure accuracy).
Message 2 of 13
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Thank you for that. I will take a look at their terms and conditions. What are some WORLD ELITE MC options. I know Citi has one and so does Barclay, but I am interested in a World Elite MC with the best benefits. Any suggestions?

Message 3 of 13
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

You either get the World Elite or you get denied - simple as that.  They don't do the World versions any more for the Arrival+.

Message 4 of 13
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@Jaylima91 wrote:

Thank you for that. I will take a look at their terms and conditions. What are some WORLD ELITE MC options. I know Citi has one and so does Barclay, but I am interested in a World Elite MC with the best benefits. Any suggestions?

WE is mainly all about the silver sticker on the front and five extra letters printed on the card. Citi and Barclays don't seem to really distinguish between World and World Elite. Barclays reduced some of the former Arrival WE benefits two weeks before they did a mass upgrade of nearly every card to World Elite back in May. Two of the best WE cards are Citi Prestige and Citi A/Advantage Executive and both come with high fees. Basically you gotta pay if you want a compelling suite of elite benefits.

Message 5 of 13
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

That makes sense. Thank you
Message 6 of 13
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Does anyone know what is the minimum credit limits that is given with a world elite MasterCard? Thank you
Message 7 of 13
Stanic413
Regular Contributor

With Barclay, if you apply for one card, they don't make other offers if you get declined.  You'll have to apply again for another card, even if it's the same type of card, i.e. Arrival vs. Arrival+ WE.  And you will take two HPs for it.  I believe lowest limit is $5k for the elite.   

18k10k7.6k10k10k5k5.6k1.7k2k
Federal CU PLOC: $5k
Scores, Dec. 2014- TU: 755 EX: 763 EQ: 757
Last App: 12/8/14. In the garden until Jan 2016, getting "mortgage" ready.
Message 8 of 13
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

I was just approved for the Arrial+ .. they gave me a $3000 limit!

Current Cards:
Message 9 of 13
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Awesome thank you for your opinions guys. And congrats altayar!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.