Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay BT Checks

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay BT Checks

I get them from my Barclay NFL card.  Not a bad deal on them.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 11 of 19
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

Are these BT checks something you could ask for or they have to send them to you?

I think you can call in and ask them to send you some.  They just seem to be sending me these checks automatically every month.

I gotten a few of these on my Rewards card before I closed it, just thought maybe it was something they send out after they review the account or something,

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 12 of 19
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

They just send them periodically.

Usually worded in a way as do whatever you want with the money kind of thing at the terms they offer. Doesn't have to be a balance Transfer. Pretty Good Deal TBH.

Message 13 of 19
taxi818
Super Contributor

Congrats. but why do you possibly think that is cheaper than taking out a loan.

im sure you will be fine when it clears as barclays is good for that. but im thinking my rate with them is about 22 percent.

No way is that cheaper than getting loan from my bank. even at what 15 percent not cheaper. i just got loan from my bank. signature loan. and the rate i got was 10.99 percent. which is high. but the cash was in my account in 18 minutes. it is my first ever such loan. they did not even ask me much questions except how much i wanted. mind you this is a credit union im talking about. but in your case. if your bank makes it available asap. just take it use it i hope barclays does not charge you their cash advance rate. or will they leave it as BT only at purchase percentage.

Message 14 of 19
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
May I ask what kind of Barclaycard had the BT checks, how long you had the card before getting them, etc

Im pretty sure all the barclay cards have it. just log in and go to account.  below you will see where it says send BT checks. click it and get it. they usually will send 3.

Message 15 of 19
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

My CU usually does 8 or9% on a unsecured loan for me.

But, the barclay check offer was 0% 12 months, and did include the wording"write a check to yourself".

Thats what I mean by cheaper if I used the check as a perosonal loan. (Well minus the fee of course)

Message 16 of 19
taxi818
Super Contributor

@CenturyChild wrote:

My CU usually does 8 or9% on a unsecured loan for me.

But, the barclay check offer was 0% 12 months, and did include the wording"write a check to yourself".

Thats what I mean by cheaper if I used the check as a perosonal loan. (Well minus the fee of course)

Congrats. You can't beat 0 percent. heheheheSmiley Very Happy did you max out your card? or just put heavy amount on it?? that is a very ez loan.

Message 17 of 19
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

No but itll be at high utility for a bit.

But, if it stays as its been the last year, they dont seem to mind time to time. Smiley Happy  I think Id be nervous to leave it sit for too long and making small payments though.

Message 18 of 19
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

Congrats. but why do you possibly think that is cheaper than taking out a loan.

im sure you will be fine when it clears as barclays is good for that. but im thinking my rate with them is about 22 percent.

No way is that cheaper than getting loan from my bank. even at what 15 percent not cheaper. i just got loan from my bank. signature loan. and the rate i got was 10.99 percent. which is high. but the cash was in my account in 18 minutes. it is my first ever such loan. they did not even ask me much questions except how much i wanted. mind you this is a credit union im talking about. but in your case. if your bank makes it available asap. just take it use it i hope barclays does not charge you their cash advance rate. or will they leave it as BT only at purchase percentage.

wait what? BT checks are 0% interest and a 1% to 3% fee for the BT. That is a hell of a lot better deal than what any bank can offer. I have an offer on my barclay sallie mae card 0% interest till 7/2016 1% BT fee. I will be doing this as soon as i close on my house next friday. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.