Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Bank/Juniper MC - They are Nuts

tag
Underh20
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay Bank/Juniper MC - They are Nuts

@tray wrote:

Hi, I personally called Jupiner/Barclays (I have a B&N mastercard) for a cli, use it frequently pay on time,paying several times a month, and I also was told they review accounts which is a lie, and was told the joke lineSmiley Indifferentif I make $200,000 a year I could send in paperwork for reconsideration,  I had to really laugh to myself if I made over $200,000 a year would I even consider asking for a cli from this bank or any other bank to matter.  Just to say you are not alone. My cl is $2,300.00 and I do not expect any increase

TU-713

EQ-681

Did the person you spoke with have a strange accent or choppy English?  Seriously, it almost sounds like it could have been someone from an EDITED call center because their native language idiosyncrasies almost always lead to them butchering the English language numbering system. 

Underh20, posting negative remarks about a specific ethnicity isn't allowed on these forums. Please read "Posting About Foreign Call Center Frustrations". - llecs, myFICO mod.

Message Edited by llecs on 09-07-2009 09:48 AM
Message 11 of 21
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, in response to the last thread about this topic, I spoke to a female about the cli who spoke very good english from the United States.  I called the number from the back of my B&N mastercard, prior to that I called the backdoor# that was given to me from a previous thread I wrote last year, the person I spoke with stated they do not handle cli's and that I would have to call the number on the back of the card.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 12 of 21
Underh20
Frequent Contributor

@tray wrote:
Hi, in response to the last thread about this topic, I spoke to a female about the cli who spoke very good english from the United States.  I called the number from the back of my B&N mastercard, prior to that I called the backdoor# that was given to me from a previous thread I wrote last year, the person I spoke with stated they do not handle cli's and that I would have to call the number on the back of the card.

Looks like you had the Real McCoy then.  I wonder why they would come up with a figure of $200k.  They must be crazy.
Message 13 of 21
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Underh20 wrote:

@tray wrote:

Looks like you had the Real McCoy then.  I wonder why they would come up with a figure of $200k.  They must be crazy.

$200K seems to be some internally agreed upon arbitrary value used to discourage individuals from following through with their requests.

Message 14 of 21
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

Well I am just going to bring my balance to zero and then sock drawer the beast until I need something for $2.00 and that will be my magic number for that card. Smiley Very Happy

Revenge is sweetSmiley Surprised

Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 15 of 21
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I have had a Juniper for 2.5 years and DW has had one for 1.5 years.  Never had an auto CLI, but did get one on each when we asked for it.  Combined CL is $24.5, and HHI is not $200K

But - just got $250 worth of B%N gift cards  Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 16 of 21
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Juniper is nuts.  My x mailed a payment to them.  The check was cashed immediately.  The payment was not credit to the account.  Late fees, over the limits fees, more interest, interest rate increase...and they said to "dispute" the charge.  Uh, hello?

Proof of payment (cashed checks and statements) was submitted with a letter asking them to correct it.  They said to file a "dispute".

It's not my problem, but that was crazy!  The x never fixed the problem and to this day, years later, he is still over the limit.  The x doesn't care.  It's not my card, and I can't fix it.

Just the principle of it irks me! 

Message 17 of 21
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@IOBA wrote:

Juniper is nuts.  My x mailed a payment to them.  The check was cashed immediately.  The payment was not credit to the account.  Late fees, over the limits fees, more interest, interest rate increase...and they said to "dispute" the charge.  Uh, hello?

Proof of payment (cashed checks and statements) was submitted with a letter asking them to correct it.  They said to file a "dispute".

It's not my problem, but that was crazy!  The x never fixed the problem and to this day, years later, he is still over the limit.  The x doesn't care.  It's not my card, and I can't fix it.

Just the principle of it irks me! 

When something like this happens you file a complaint with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency:

http://www.helpwithmybank.gov/

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TangMeister wrote:

Even though it's frustrating, just remember to use (Juniper) for your benefit, then send them packing or into the sock drawer when they're no longer useful to you.  You'll be on to bigger/better CCs and CLs as time passes.  Good luck!

I got my Juniper card (my first post-BK card) two years ago, and at first, things were great as they increased my CL from $400 to $900 at 6 months and then to $1650 at 12 months.  But it's contracted a case of nongrowitis (no CLIs at all in the last 12 months) and I've taken it to the Sockdrawer Convalescent Center for treatment.

I also applied for an HSBC MC and got approved with a nice $5000 CL (I thought I'd never deal with them after they closed my Best Buy and Comp USA store cards on me without any prior notice whatsoever, but hey, with a CL like that, they'll take "Junie's" place in my credit card rotation).

Message 19 of 21
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TangMeister wrote:

Even though it's frustrating, just remember to use (Juniper) for your benefit, then send them packing or into the sock drawer when they're no longer useful to you.  You'll be on to bigger/better CCs and CLs as time passes.  Good luck!

I got my Juniper card (my first post-BK card) two years ago, and at first, things were great as they increased my CL from $400 to $900 at 6 months and then to $1650 at 12 months.  But it's contracted a case of nongrowitis (no CLIs at all in the last 12 months) and I've taken it to the Sockdrawer Convalescent Center for treatment.

I also applied for an HSBC MC and got approved with a nice $5000 CL (I thought I'd never deal with them after they closed my Best Buy and Comp USA store cards on me without any prior notice whatsoever, but hey, with a CL like that, they'll take "Junie's" place in my credit card rotation).

HSBC is famous for closing cards without notice. Of course CompUSA was closed because they went out of business. Not much to be done about that! Why did they close Best Buy on you? Remember to use your new HSBC card once per quarter so you don't havethat one closed for disuse.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.