Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Black Metal Card

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Barclay Black Metal Card

For some reason on my yahoo we mail I keep seeing ad's for the Barclays Black Visa card but I would noyt pay a $495 fee for any credit card, that seems rediculous to me

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay Black Metal Card

@john398 wrote:

For some reason on my yahoo we mail I keep seeing ad's for the Barclays Black Visa card but I would noyt pay a $495 fee for any credit card, that seems rediculous to me

It's a wannabe elite card, a pretender to the throne ! Smiley Indifferent

Message 2 of 31
Gatortrout
Regular Contributor

Worst card ever.
Message 3 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

There's a cc for every individual. Those who've apped and are carrying the card may not agree with the 'worst card ever' sentiment.
Message 4 of 31
Gatortrout
Regular Contributor

Surely they wouldn't or they wouldn't have applied for the card. There seems to be low AF cards and $0 AF cards that are just as rewarding or more. Common sense should take over at some point.
Message 5 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

My point is, not to judge a persons reasoning for applying because it differs from your opinion. It's not the card for me but it is for some. Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 31
Gatortrout
Regular Contributor

Understandable and agreedSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 31
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
My point is, not to judge a persons reasoning for applying because it differs from your opinion. It's not the card for me but it is for some. Smiley Wink

Right, and "worst card ever" probably isn't true.   But there has to be room for people to basically say "This card really is a bad choice" (e.g. there is a card that is as easy to get with all and more of the features at lower cost).  The implication isn't that the person who DOES have the card is a stupid loser, but it is useful information for others who might be considering it.

There is a difference between being generally supportive and being strongly affirming of all choices, even bad ones!

Message 8 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@longtimelurker

Opinions are what makes this forum helpful. Definitely not wishing to curtail anyone's right to their point of view; just want to make sure everyone feels free to offer their opinion.
Message 9 of 31
navyox
Regular Contributor

It's like cars.   Some people probablly can't understand why anyone would pay hundreds of thousands for Bentley when a comparably equiped Audi is much less money.   Ditto for handbags, etc.    Value, especially with things like prestige factor, is in the eye of the beholder.  

Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.