Established Member

Re: Barclay CC Questions

improvingmycredit wrote:
@aad041109
Gotcha! Well I applaud your recovery. Looks to me like you are on a great credit path. Barclays is a good company to get in with early. They'll do you right. :smileyhappy:

Yes, I recovered nicely with help from people like you. :smileyhappy:  I still have some milestones to get to, and it looks like Barclay can help me get there. Thanks for all the help.

Starting Score: 520s (BK7 in 09/08)
Current Score: EQ 676, TU 662 (MyFico Scores)
Goal Score: 700 Club

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge | In the Garden until 10/2013 | Last App in 04/13 (Barclay Card & Cap1 CLI)

You don't need to worry about going over 50% throughout the month. In fact if you are always charging up to your limit and making a payment, that can tell them you do need an increase.  Some creditors do look negatively at multiple payments, as they view it as you can't handle your finances so pay right away.  You should set up autopay of at least the minimum, just in case, and pay the balance before the statement date. You can set up an alert when you are within a specific dollar amount of your limit, and then schedule extra payments as needed.

Established Member

Lunacy123 wrote:

Some creditors do look negatively at multiple payments, as they view it as you can't handle your finances so pay right away.

Do you know that out of experience or did you read it somewhere? Also, do you know which banks does not like multiple payments per month? Thanks in advance for the help.

Starting Score: 520s (BK7 in 09/08)
Current Score: EQ 676, TU 662 (MyFico Scores)
Goal Score: 700 Club

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge | In the Garden until 10/2013 | Last App in 04/13 (Barclay Card & Cap1 CLI)
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.