Reply
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 25,589
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together


nitrov wrote:

myjourney wrote:

nitrov wrote:

Lately Barclay has been "HOLDING" my payments. I make a $500 payment, for example, and the payment posts, but they show a "Payment hold" in the pending transactions, which usually lasts for about 7-10 business days. What's the deal with this? I've never heard of a credit card company doing that and I've never had any returned or late payment issues. 

 

Anybody heard of this or had this problem? When I called them about it they said it's because the bank could always return the payment so as a safeguard they hold the funds. One time I nagged and they released it, but I can't be calling them every time. Seems to only happen on payments $500+. I want to make sure this doesn't affect the auto CLI I'm hoping to get in a couple months.


Is this a new account?


Yes, it's a new account. I've still never heard of a credit card company doing this sort of thing unless there was a derrogatory payment occurrence! They're holding the payments for upwards of 2 weeks sometimes!


It does happen with some new accounts including Discover and Chase 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Frequent Contributor
Boragard
Posts: 302
Registered: ‎10-04-2013
0

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

I some questions regarding my Barclaycard.  I applied for this card on Thursday right before hitting the garden on Friday.  I applied for and was approved for the the Barclay Rewards but I want the NFL version of the card. 

 

1  Do you guys think I can call during the week and PC to the NFL version of the card since I have not received the card in the mail yet? 

2   Do you guys think it will be a HP? Because I don't anymore HPs on my report.

3.  When calling do I ask for a retention specialist or someone else? Also is that number on the sticky?

4.  Are the requirements the same for each card? 

 

Sorry for all the questions.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!


Garden Start 06/20/2014.




Valued Contributor
lhcole77
Posts: 1,059
Registered: ‎09-18-2012
0

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

I've put a lot on it...I will just continue to do that and pay it down




EX08 FICO 738. EQ08 FICO 725. TU08 FICO 742.
Frequent Contributor
sarkell
Posts: 345
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

Appd in 3/13 500 limit 9/13 bump to 1250 limit. I used it heavy pif half the time the other paid partial. So I'm hoping for another increase in 3/14
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
ianl33t
Posts: 75
Registered: ‎07-26-2013
0

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

Well, just finished reading this ever growing thread all the way to the end. If the keeping a balance portion is true, then I will most likely be screwed since I have paid this card in full each month. Granted, I am under the 0% APR 6 month promotion, but I don't want to fall into a habit of not paying a balance in full. Guess doing that is NOT the correct thing to do for Barclays. A bit too late now for me personally to change that since my 6 month is coming up in about a week. Shall see if they CLI me or close this account. I have run a lot of my purchases through it this past statement cycle and have had it report a balance every month for the past five months. Sometimes small at about $13-$20 and sometimes higher at $100-$150. I'll update this when I reach the sixth month coming soon.



Starting Score: EX: 646, EQ: 624, TU: 639 (07/26/2013)
Current Score: EX: 694 (As of 12/17/2013), EQ: 644 (As of 12/21/2013), TU: 662 (As of 12/12/2013 - Barclays)
Goal Score: 700 in all three (07/26/2014)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
sillykitty1
Posts: 149
Registered: ‎10-02-2013
0

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

I don't think this is a coincidence ...

 

The last 2 times I canceled my repeating payment for the statement balance, I got SP'd that same day.

 

This is a new account, opened 9/13

Established Member
MSPdude
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎08-21-2012
0

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

I just applied online for the card and was instantly approved for a 2K line!  I was quite surprised. 

 

My FICO is 641.

Three Cap One Cards all at 1.5K CL, never any late payments since I got these about two years ago. About 83% utilization at the moment.

A student loan in default, but have been paying on time for almost a year.

An old Cap One car loan that was written off but paid in full about 3.5 years ago.

A satisfied judgement 2 years old.

Wells Fargo auto loan 3 years old, 3 to go, current, no late payments.

 

The good thing is that my oldest account on my report is 18 years old, and my AAoA is 8.3 years. Aside from the Cap One auto loan, I've had on time payments on all my TL since then.

 

I'll update this post as soon as I have some info on the card!

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 25,589
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together


sarkell wrote:
Appd in 3/13 500 limit 9/13 bump to 1250 limit. I used it heavy pif half the time the other paid partial. So I'm hoping for another increase in 3/14

Good luck you seem to be doing what they like :smileywink:

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 25,589
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together


ianl33t wrote:

Well, just finished reading this ever growing thread all the way to the end. If the keeping a balance portion is true, then I will most likely be screwed since I have paid this card in full each month. Granted, I am under the 0% APR 6 month promotion, but I don't want to fall into a habit of not paying a balance in full. Guess doing that is NOT the correct thing to do for Barclays. A bit too late now for me personally to change that since my 6 month is coming up in about a week. Shall see if they CLI me or close this account. I have run a lot of my purchases through it this past statement cycle and have had it report a balance every month for the past five months. Sometimes small at about $13-$20 and sometimes higher at $100-$150. I'll update this when I reach the sixth month coming soon.


Good luck

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 25,589
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together


MSPdude wrote:

I just applied online for the card and was instantly approved for a 2K line!  I was quite surprised. 

 

My FICO is 641.

Three Cap One Cards all at 1.5K CL, never any late payments since I got these about two years ago. About 83% utilization at the moment.

A student loan in default, but have been paying on time for almost a year.

An old Cap One car loan that was written off but paid in full about 3.5 years ago.

A satisfied judgement 2 years old.

Wells Fargo auto loan 3 years old, 3 to go, current, no late payments.

 

The good thing is that my oldest account on my report is 18 years old, and my AAoA is 8.3 years. Aside from the Cap One auto loan, I've had on time payments on all my TL since then.

 

I'll update this post as soon as I have some info on the card!


Congrats on the new card and good luck on the CLI

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+