Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

@DaniBananiie wrote:
MJ: I don't care if I don't get the CLI because I want that IT card!! Lol

Lol 

Go get em champ

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 342 of 972
DaniBananiie
Established Contributor

MJ: Smiley Happy
 photo IT_REDDAISY_zps2c12a8e3.gif
Message 343 of 972
ianl33t
Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@ianl33t wrote:

Well, just finished reading this ever growing thread all the way to the end. If the keeping a balance portion is true, then I will most likely be screwed since I have paid this card in full each month. Granted, I am under the 0% APR 6 month promotion, but I don't want to fall into a habit of not paying a balance in full. Guess doing that is NOT the correct thing to do for Barclays. A bit too late now for me personally to change that since my 6 month is coming up in about a week. Shall see if they CLI me or close this account. I have run a lot of my purchases through it this past statement cycle and have had it report a balance every month for the past five months. Sometimes small at about $13-$20 and sometimes higher at $100-$150. I'll update this when I reach the sixth month coming soon.

Good luck

Thank you, I appreciate it. Smiley Happy

Looks like Barclays felt I was good enough to stay with them, though they gave me no auto-CLI luv. Works in the meantime for me and I don't want to use a HP at the present moment for a CLI with them. Will keep maintining their card just like my others (use for things I'd buy anyway, pay in full, etc.). The main card I leave a balance to report is my mother's BF Capital One card that he's had for about 8 years or so (I'm an AU on it). Perfect payment history on it, has a $17,000 CL and only about 8% utilization on it. Helps to maintain the habit of paying in full the others. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EX: 646, EQ: 624, TU: 639 (07/26/2013)
Current Score: EX: 694 (As of 12/17/2013), EQ: 644 (As of 12/21/2013), TU: 662 (As of 12/12/2013 - Barclays)
Goal Score: 700 in all three (07/26/2014)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 344 of 972
uswala
Senior Contributor

@uswala wrote:

I have a Barclay reward card; opnened June 12, 2013 with CL of $1500 (instant approval online).

Utilizations at time of statement generation:

1st statement (with in 7 days of opening): 7.35%

2nd statement: 0.36%

3rd, 4th, 5th statements: 0%

6th statement: 2.4%

However, I have used this card all along especially for ulility bills and grocery (with purchases ranging between $281.89 to $2047.71 in a statement period).

Current balance $280.36 with statement to be generated on Dec 19, 2013. WIll pay off everything, before statement generation, leaving $25-30 balance to be reported.

Have had 2 HP on my TU (ceditkarma) since getting this card, with one on  Oct 26, 2013 and another on  Nov 14, 2013 (Total 4 as of today).

Current ceditkarma score 744 (TU scores by Barclays as of Nov 11, 2013: 754).

Still no signs of CLI as of yet. But may be they are waiting for 6 months to finish (Dec 12, 2013) Smiley Happy

Barclay showed me no luv!

Is there any use asking CLI or should I rather wait?

Message 345 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@uswala wrote:

@uswala wrote:

I have a Barclay reward card; opnened June 12, 2013 with CL of $1500 (instant approval online).

However, I have used this card all along especially for ulility bills and grocery (with purchases ranging between $281.89 to $2047.71 in a statement period).

Current balance $280.36 with statement to be generated on Dec 19, 2013. WIll pay off everything, before statement generation, leaving $25-30 balance to be reported.

Have had 2 HP on my TU (ceditkarma) since getting this card, with one on  Oct 26, 2013 and another on  Nov 14, 2013 (Total 4 as of today).

Still no signs of CLI as of yet. But may be they are waiting for 6 months to finish (Dec 12, 2013) Smiley Happy

IMHO wait rather than take a HP unless you can afford one and if that's the case go for it 

Let us know

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 346 of 972
uswala
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@uswala wrote:

@uswala wrote:

IMHO wait rather than take a HP unless you can afford one and if that's the case go for it 

Let us know

Thanks. I think I will wait for somethime. I opened a costco truearning card 2 months ago which I do not think is yet reported on my TU (I do not see any mention of it on CK or CS or Quizzle). Yesterday I got a 3X CLI on it and my limit on that one is now $10500. So, I will wait for it to report and then think about getting another HP.

Message 347 of 972
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Other than sometimes inconsistent info - my experience with Barclay has been pretty positive -

1.  1/2012 Approved for US Airways with scores in mid 600s - BK showing - for $1000  - 24.99% APR - CLI x2 before I received card - to a total of $3500

2. Received auto CLI about 7-8 months later to $4700

3. 8/13 auto CLI in to $6200 where it still is -

4. 9/13  PCed to Arrival World - or so I thought - turned out is Arrival Premier - meaning - no option for 20,000 mile sign-up bonus - same APR - otherwise have same miles awards structure -

5. I have not used the card in 2 months, as I am trying to pay it off by the first week of April.

6. Other than not using it currently, I have not used any particular method for paying bills - I pay all when I can - and leave a balance when I need to - never too much  unless I have a no-interest special going.

1. Applied for the actual annual-fee Arrival in 9 or 10/13 - BK now off CRs did not think I would be approved, but got instant approval.  Issued  highest initial line of credit since I started rebuilding in 2008 - or $7500.  - Scores over 700 by this time.

2. They say I have the option to combine the limits of this and the Arrival Premier - which I will do after paying off 0% interest balance on Arrival Premier in April. 

I think TU was pulled in both cases - although when I applied for an Apple earlier this year - for no other reason than just to have ANOTHER Card (I was denied - thank goodness) - they pulled EX -  TU is my second cleanest CR after EQ.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 348 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Changingmantra wrote:

Other than sometimes inconsistent info - my experience with Barclay has been pretty positive -

1.  1/2012 Approved for US Airways with scores in mid 600s - BK showing - for $1000  - 24.99% APR - CLI x2 before I received card - to a total of $3500

2. Received auto CLI about 7-8 months later to $4700

3. 8/13 auto CLI in to $6200 where it still is -

4. 9/13  PCed to Arrival World - or so I thought - turned out is Arrival Premier - meaning - no option for 20,000 mile sign-up bonus - same APR - otherwise have same miles awards structure -

5. I have not used the card in 2 months, as I am trying to pay it off by the first week of April.

6. Other than not using it currently, I have not used any particular method for paying bills - I pay all when I can - and leave a balance when I need to - never too much  unless I have a no-interest special going.

1. Applied for the actual annual-fee Arrival in 9 or 10/13 - BK now off CRs did not think I would be approved, but got instant approval.  Issued  highest initial line of credit since I started rebuilding in 2008 - or $7500.  - Scores over 700 by this time.

2. They say I have the option to combine the limits of this and the Arrival Premier - which I will do after paying off 0% interest balance on Arrival Premier in April. 

I think TU was pulled in both cases - although when I applied for an Apple earlier this year - for no other reason than just to have ANOTHER Card (I was denied - thank goodness) - they pulled EX -  TU is my second cleanest CR after EQ.

My Barclay experience has been all positive and I have nothing bad to say about them at all

Good luck on your next CLI 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 349 of 972
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

A very nice start to 2014 - here's my history with Barclays:

Apped for Platinum Rewards MC on 07/07/13

Instant approval for $1300

Recon to $3000

Used each month  - max charges total $1,800+

PIF after each statement (sometime multiple payments during billing cycle)

6th statement cut yesterday 01/03/14

Auto CLI (01/04/14) to $5,200Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy

No apps or new accts since approval

I will not be joining the Barclays bashing bandwagon!

Message 350 of 972
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.