Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CC let's put our heads together

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

Help Barclays gurus. My Rewards MC 6th statement cuts next month. Hoping for alot of auto luv. My question is since I ultimately want the Ring, can I pc the RMC or do I have to apply for Ring then transfer cli from RMC and close it? I really only want ONE card from Barclays.
Message 641 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
HelpBarclays gurus. My Rewards MC6th statement cuts next month. Hoping foralot of auto luv. My question is since I ultimately want the Ring, can Ipc theRMC or do I have to apply for Ring then transfercli fromRMC and close it? I really only want ONE card fromBarclays.

In most cases they tell you to apply and if unsuccessful then they'll move the CL over and open the new card ...But there have been rare cases of a straight PC but few and far between ....Good luck Baller 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 642 of 972
baller4life
Super Contributor

Smiley Sad That's what I was afraid of. Thx myjourney
Message 643 of 972
nitrov
Established Contributor

So, I've had my lovely Barclay Reward MC for about 8 months now; no CLI yet. My score when I got the card was about a 680, I was auto-approved for $1500, called an analyst, got it bumped to $3500, same day apped for Priceline Visa, got declined, called an analyst, and asked them to split the $3500 CLI and put $1000 on Priceline to overturn the decline. Two new cards, 1 inq, and I hoped both would get an auto-CLI in 6 months, but...

I did lots of apps and got new accounts within the first 6 months of the acct. My score dropped to about a 660, then started rebounding around month 6 to a 680 again. I got no auto-CLI, and they haven't done an SP since then. I ended up closing Priceline and consolidating the CL so I now am back to 1 card with a $3500 limit. 

Is my only real shot at getting a CLI by asking for one and taking the HP, or is it possible/likely they may do an auto at some point soon? I do believe my score is back over a 700 now. I know I've read about them doing one at 9 months sometimes, but not sure if all my shenanigans probably screwed that up. Any thoughts?

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 644 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@nitrov wrote:

So, I've had my lovely Barclay Reward MC for about 8 months now; no CLI yet. My score when I got the card was about a 680, I was auto-approved for $1500, called an analyst, got it bumped to $3500, same day apped for Priceline Visa, got declined, called an analyst, and asked them to split the $3500 CLI and put $1000 on Priceline to overturn the decline. Two new cards, 1 inq, and I hoped both would get an auto-CLI in 6 months, but...

I did lots of apps and got new accounts within the first 6 months of the acct. My score dropped to about a 660, then started rebounding around month 6 to a 680 again. I got no auto-CLI, and they haven't done an SP since then. I ended up closing Priceline and consolidating the CL so I now am back to 1 card with a $3500 limit. 

Is my only real shot at getting a CLI by asking for one and taking the HP, or is it possible/likely they may do an auto at some point soon? I do believe my score is back over a 700 now. I know I've read about them doing one at 9 months sometimes, but not sure if all my shenanigans probably screwed that up. Any thoughts?

Hey stranger Lol

Try to hold out for the 9-12 month period if no auto luv consider your options 

Good luck

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 645 of 972
nitrov
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@nitrov wrote:

Hey stranger Lol

Try to hold out for the 9-12 month period if no auto luv consider your options 

Good luck

Hello again! Lol. I've been lurking, just not as active since I didn't want to tempt myself to be drawn from the garden to the garden of temptation of credit app bahahaha. Out of sight out of mind, right? I was very bummed I got no auto luv from Barclay. Fingers crossed for some luck at the 9 month mark. I'm really trying to keep the apps to a minimum, but I am kinda dying to know what my FICO is right now. I was hoping I'd have some more available credit with better APRs by now :\

Message 646 of 972
nitrov
Established Contributor

I just realized my first statement was October 2013...that puts me at month 10 statements already and no CLI Smiley Sad

Message 647 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@nitrov wrote:

I just realized my first statement was October 2013...that puts me at month 10 statements already and no CLI Smiley Sad

Hang in there and stay strong 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 648 of 972
StarTraveller19
Valued Member

I've been lurking around the board for quite some time and read this entire thread at least 3 times.  I cannot be more grateful for all of the wealth of information I have received on here to help with my credit repair journey.  

Here is my experience with Barclay's:

In Novemeber 2013, received instant approval for the Barclay Apple Visa with 2K limit.  I used the 0%apr offer to purchase a laptop for my daughter for Christmas.

Since opening the card, I have always kept at least 50% util.  2 months I even had 90% util.  I used the card every month almost to the limit, made at least 2 payments each month and with exception to the 2 months I previously mentioned, I made sure to pay down to about 50% util so that I wouldnt have to pay any finance charges.

I have opened up 2 other cards since I app'ed for the Barclay Card and had no AA.  I also had a state tax lien (long story but I never got the notices as I moved and still working to get it deleted from my records) added to my CR for a few hundred dollars which I paid but I was sure I would receive some sort of AA from Barclay based on the info from some of the other threads.  No AA.

In addition to having a balance on my Barclay's card, I kept a balance on a few other cards as well.

Not only did I just get a 2K CLI from my Capital One Journey card which was $1750 more than what they listed in their credit steps letter but I just got a 1.3K cli from Barclays at the close of my 8th statement.  And I can't be happier.

My other cards credit limit/balances are:

West Elm $4000 / $1900

CapOne QuickSilver $3500 / $2700

Barclay Apple $3300 / $1200

CapOne Journey $2500 / $390

Ann Taylor $1070 / $0

J Crew $700 / $0

Victoria Secret $700 / $0

Brylane Home $700 / $0

Now, I want to app for another Barclay Card or possibly Chase to obtain Travel rewards.  What do you think my chances are for an approval?  Or should I just try to PC my Barclay Apple card?

Thanks!!!

Starting Score: 545 Current Score: 701 Goal Score: 750+

BOA Signature $25K | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Citi Prestige $11k | Ritz Carlton $20K | Chase Sapphire Pref $7K | Advantage Aviator $14.4K | Citi Advantage Gold $9.3K | CapitalOne QuickSilver $7K | Barclay Apple $6.3K | CapitalOne Journey $3K | West Elm $4K | Ann Taylor $3.3K | J Crew $6.3K | Victoria's Secret $2.9K | Crate And Barrel $20K

Message 649 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@StarTraveller19 wrote:

I've been lurking around the board for quite some time and read this entire thread at least 3 times.  I cannot be more grateful for all of the wealth of information I have received on here to help with my credit repair journey.  

Here is my experience with Barclay's:

In Novemeber 2013, received instant approval for the Barclay Apple Visa with 2K limit.  I used the 0%apr offer to purchase a laptop for my daughter for Christmas.

Since opening the card, I have always kept at least 50% util.  2 months I even had 90% util.  I used the card every month almost to the limit, made at least 2 payments each month and with exception to the 2 months I previously mentioned, I made sure to pay down to about 50% util so that I wouldnt have to pay any finance charges.

I have opened up 2 other cards since I app'ed for the Barclay Card and had no AA.  I also had a state tax lien (long story but I never got the notices as I moved and still working to get it deleted from my records) added to my CR for a few hundred dollars which I paid but I was sure I would receive some sort of AA from Barclay based on the info from some of the other threads.  No AA.

In addition to having a balance on my Barclay's card, I kept a balance on a few other cards as well.

Not only did I just get a 2K CLI from my Capital One Journey card which was $1750 more than what they listed in their credit steps letter but I just got a 1.3K cli from Barclays at the close of my 8th statement.  And I can't be happier.

My other cards credit limit/balances are:

West Elm $4000 / $1900

CapOne QuickSilver $3500 / $2700

Barclay Apple $3300 / $1200

CapOne Journey $2500 / $390

Ann Taylor $1070 / $0

J Crew $700 / $0

Victoria Secret $700 / $0

Brylane Home $700 / $0

Now, I want to app for another Barclay Card or possibly Chase to obtain Travel rewards.  What do you think my chances are for an approval?  Or should I just try to PC my Barclay Apple card?

Thanks!!!

Congrats on the CLI

As far as the Apple card PC I haven't seen a lot of successful PC's of that product.

Normally Barclay will suggest you app the card of choice and if not successful then move the limit over from the old card to open the new card.

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 650 of 972
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.