Barclay CC let's put our heads together

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

@Scupra wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

Got a little bored today and decided to call Barclay backdoor number.. Just got my 6 month auto luv this month of $1,500 taking me to $4,500 total. I talked to a very nice person explaining I would love to make the card my primary use card and was hoping they could come closer to my NFCU limits. He asked how much I was looking for, told him $10,000 figuring they would counter. Analyst proceeded to tell me I had done an amazing job rebuilding and have some great limits and that my BK was still a little fresh so he couldn't approve the full $10k but would move my limit to $6,000 if it would help. Gladly accepted his offer! He told me he liked that I make multiple payments throughout the month and to keep using the card the way I do.

This is wonderful news congrats 

Was this a HP for data points or are they now doing SP request which would be great? 

If so I will be calling ASAP...Lol

Was a HP! Sorry I forgot to mention that

And here I was getting all warm and fuzzy inside hoping for a SP ...Lol

Congrats my friend I guess at some point I may just have to bite the bullet and go for it....Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 731 of 972
Scupra
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

Got a little bored today and decided to call Barclay backdoor number.. Just got my 6 month auto luv this month of $1,500 taking me to $4,500 total. I talked to a very nice person explaining I would love to make the card my primary use card and was hoping they could come closer to my NFCU limits. He asked how much I was looking for, told him $10,000 figuring they would counter. Analyst proceeded to tell me I had done an amazing job rebuilding and have some great limits and that my BK was still a little fresh so he couldn't approve the full $10k but would move my limit to $6,000 if it would help. Gladly accepted his offer! He told me he liked that I make multiple payments throughout the month and to keep using the card the way I do.

Was this a HP for data points or are they now doing SP request which would be great? 

Congrats my friend I guess at some point I may just have to bite the bullet and go for it....Smiley LOL

Would def be nice! Thought that it was a good data point being it is the same month I got 6 month auto luv though! Justified the HP by telling myself it was for research Smiley Very Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 732 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

Would def be nice! Thought that it was a good data point being it is the same month I got 6 month auto luv though! Justified the HP by telling myself it was for research Smiley Very Happy

Bravo for helping the cause ROFLOL

I'm dying here Lol .....good one you took a hit for the team WTG

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 733 of 972
grizindabox
Valued Member

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together [ Edited ]

approved for Barclay Rewards MC 8/13 with $1500 cl

auto cli 2/14 to $2800

2 years removed from Ch7

Credit Score in 660 range

UPDATE

auto CLI 8/14 to $5800.

use for all gas, grocery, and utilites and pif every month

Message 734 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@grizindabox wrote:
Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together [ Edited ]

approved for Barclay Rewards MC 8/13 with $1500 cl

auto cli 2/14 to $2800

2 years removed from Ch7

Credit Score in 660 range

UPDATE

auto CLI 8/14 to $5800.

use for all gas, grocery, and utilites and pif every month

WTG congrats X2 auto CLI's 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 735 of 972
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

Got an auto $400 on 8th statement.  $1500 to $1900.  My overall util is meh, so I'll take it.

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 736 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Rain77 wrote:

Got an auto $400 on 8th statement.  $1500 to $1900.  My overall util is meh, so I'll take it.

Congrats on the auto luv WTG

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 737 of 972
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Rain77 wrote:

A little over a 25% CLI is pretty good! Congrats

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 738 of 972
CardHunter
Established Contributor

Hey guys, I have a couple of questions about Barclays Fico score.. I have had the rewards card for 4 full months now and when I got my card they said my fico score was 601 well then about a month and a half ago I got a update from them saying my score was 621 and today I got a alert saying it was 652 so here are my questions, is this a true "FICO" score and why do they not just update once a month every month? Also, maybe when they update are they doing a sp on you? I am just confussed I guess trying to understand the Barclay ways around this credit game... TIA!!!

Message 739 of 972
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Yes Barclays is a TU(08) FICO. They SP you monthly on and off. Sometimes same date sometimes odd dates. YMMV

Message 740 of 972
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.