Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CC let's put our heads together

tag
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

Requested a CLI after six months, unsurprisingly got declined for 11 new accounts in 12 months (lol).
Message 741 of 972
nitrov
Established Contributor

I've had my Rewards MC for 11 months with no auto-luv at all. I apped for a new Amex and got approved so I'll get an HP today, I was thinking of apping for a CLI with Barclay since I already go an inq. What's the best way of apping for a CLI with Barclays? Does it matter how you app? I have a significant number of new accounts/inqs, I'm hoping they'll still approve me since my score went up 20 points since I opened it and my current Barclays CL is now one of my lowest. Thoughts?

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 742 of 972
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@nitrov wrote:

I've had my Rewards MC for 11 months with no auto-luv at all. I apped for a new Amex and got approved so I'll get an HP today, I was thinking of apping for a CLI with Barclay since I already go an inq. What's the best way of apping for a CLI with Barclays? Does it matter how you app? I have a significant number of new accounts/inqs, I'm hoping they'll still approve me since my score went up 20 points since I opened it and my current Barclays CL is now one of my lowest. Thoughts?

they are my lowest aside from store cards by far and have been for a while...i do not think they care

Message 743 of 972
Scupra
Super Contributor

@nitrov wrote:

I think the best way to apply is talking with an analyst. I also think the new accounts/inqs will hurt you with approval odds, or amount of CLI at the least. YMMV as always and good luck if you decide to call!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 744 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@nitrov wrote:

I think the best way to apply is talking with an analyst. I also think the new accounts/inqs will hurt you with approval odds, or amount of CLI at the least. YMMV as always and good luck if you decide to call!

+1 I agree so if your going to take a HP speak directly with an analyst (backdoor #) 

EDIT Good luck and may the CLI force be with you

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 745 of 972
JonStur
Established Contributor

So I received a letter today about a summary of changes to my Visa. Nothing special, summary of fees , late payment fees, blah blah. It got interesting at the Credit information part. Quote, " we may from time to time, obtain employment and income data FROM THIRD PARTIES TO ASSIST US in the ongoing administration of your account." I wonder who these third parties are... Doesn't sound like softing the CBs...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 746 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@JonStur wrote:

So I received a letter today about a summary of changes to my Visa. Nothing special, summary of fees , late payment fees, blah blah. It got interesting at the Credit information part. Quote, " we may from time to time, obtain employment and income data FROM THIRD PARTIES TO ASSIST US in the ongoing administration of your account." I wonder who these third parties are... Doesn't sound like softing the CBs...

Interesting indeed hmmmmm I wonder too

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 747 of 972
slickshoes182
New Contributor

@JonStur wrote:

Many employers participate in "The Work Number" service (all of my post graduate employers have). Someone recently reported that American Express got an employment report from them (I believe without explicitly informing him before hand but  they probably have similar language to what you described in their credit card small print. ). My guess would be that Visa, Barclays, and other credit card issuers may check with services like "The Work Number" in the future, too.

Message 748 of 972
Divaofsongs
Frequent Contributor

@JonStur wrote:

My sister works in the collections department for a major credit card issuer, she calls on delinquent accounts and tries to resolve them prior to closing the account and turning them over to an outside source for collections. I asked her if she knew what this statement meant (I received the same statement in a letter from Barclay's) and she said in all likelyhood, this is an avenue they will pursue if they find it necessary to do additional verification of a large stated income, for example.........if someone states their income to be $400K a year and they believe the customer is lying about it, they will use other ways to verify the income before extending credit and credit lines to match such a high income. She said it may also have to do with their collections procedures as well. For instance, if someone stated their yearly income was $250K and received a starting credit line of $25,000, but then charged up the card and defaulted on the debt, they would use other sources to prove the person lied on their application to get a higher credit line and it would help them prove a fraud case. She said it is a way of them protecting themselves and would probably only be used in cases where they felt it was warranted.

She is only guessing, but it makes sense to me.

Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Discover IT ($5.5K/$32.5K) Cap1 QS ($500/$30K) Amazon ($700/$8K) Barclay's MC ($1,300/$10.3K) Upromise ($500/$33K) Lowe's ($900/$13K) Sportsman's Visa ($17K) WF Amex ($13K) AMEX BCE ($10K) AMEX Gold NPSL - FICO's: All 740+
Message 749 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

Both interesting pieces of info 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 750 of 972
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.