Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CC let's put our heads together

tag
AQ
New Contributor

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

@Divaofsongs wrote:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just logged into my Barclay's account and my current credit limit went from $1500 to $18,000!!!!!!! This cannot be real! I also have a negative balance of $5146 on my account as well, meaning they owe me $5146 and I still have $18,000 in available credit???? I hope whomever is smoking whatever, continues to puff away on that jolly old crack pipe and keeps things this way forever!!! ROFL!!!  Smiley Very Happy

P.S. I will let you know when things go back to normal, which I am sure will be very soon.

So much for getting me all excited for nothing. This is about as disappointing as bad sex.......or when you get all excited, thinking you are going to get a BIG surprise package, only to find out that it was all hype, and the reality of the matter is..............you get the same size package that you always end up getting...........average at best! LOL

Barclay's owing me $5146 and giving me an $18k credit line = a couple of socks stuffed in a Speedo...................it is a nice illusion, but in the end.............well, you get it......LOLOLOLOL!

Well damn.  Maybe I got too excited for nothing.  I just this week received a CLI from $3000 to $6000.  This week did mark my one year anniv. with them, and I had received a CLI at 6 months.  I guess I'll hold my breath...

Starting Score: TU 641 2/28/13 EQ 640 3/1/13
Current Score: TU706 EQ???
Goal Score: 750 750

Message 841 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@AQ wrote:

@Divaofsongs wrote:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just logged into my Barclay's account and my current credit limit went from $1500 to $18,000!!!!!!! This cannot be real! I also have a negative balance of $5146 on my account as well, meaning they owe me $5146 and I still have $18,000 in available credit???? I hope whomever is smoking whatever, continues to puff away on that jolly old crack pipe and keeps things this way forever!!! ROFL!!!  Smiley Very Happy

P.S. I will let you know when things go back to normal, which I am sure will be very soon.

So much for getting me all excited for nothing. This is about as disappointing as bad sex.......or when you get all excited, thinking you are going to get a BIG surprise package, only to find out that it was all hype, and the reality of the matter is..............you get the same size package that you always end up getting...........average at best! LOL

Barclay's owing me $5146 and giving me an $18k credit line = a couple of socks stuffed in a Speedo...................it is a nice illusion, but in the end.............well, you get it......LOLOLOLOL!

Well damn.  Maybe I got too excited for nothing.  I just this week received a CLI from $3000 to $6000.  This week did mark my one year anniv. with them, and I had received a CLI at 6 months.  I guess I'll hold my breath...

Congrats so you've had CLI's at the 6 month mark and a year WTG

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 842 of 972
Divaofsongs
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@AQ wrote:

@Divaofsongs wrote:

I wish! LOL. Unforunately, when I logged on later, things were back to normal and I am still patiently waiting on my CLI. Smiley Frustrated

Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Discover IT ($5.5K/$32.5K) Cap1 QS ($500/$30K) Amazon ($700/$8K) Barclay's MC ($1,300/$10.3K) Upromise ($500/$33K) Lowe's ($900/$13K) Sportsman's Visa ($17K) WF Amex ($13K) AMEX BCE ($10K) AMEX Gold NPSL - FICO's: All 740+
Message 843 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Divaofsongs wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@AQ wrote:

@Divaofsongs wrote:

I wish! LOL. Unforunately, when I logged on later, things were back to normal and I am still patiently waiting on my CLI. Smiley Frustrated

Busted my bubble Smiley Sad

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 844 of 972
Divaofsongs
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Divaofsongs wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@AQ wrote:

@Divaofsongs wrote:

Busted my bubble Smiley Sad

Smiley Very HappySmiley TongueSmiley Wink

Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Discover IT ($5.5K/$32.5K) Cap1 QS ($500/$30K) Amazon ($700/$8K) Barclay's MC ($1,300/$10.3K) Upromise ($500/$33K) Lowe's ($900/$13K) Sportsman's Visa ($17K) WF Amex ($13K) AMEX BCE ($10K) AMEX Gold NPSL - FICO's: All 740+
Message 845 of 972
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Made a slight whoopsies last week. 

Husband and I were on vacation, and we had taken both of our Arrivals and the debit cards. Husband's Arrival has a 7k credit line, we were shopping until we dropped and had racked up over 2k worth of charges. In addition to that the rental car agency had put a pre-auth on our card for about $450. No biggie. Well, family emergency happens, we need to get the first flight back home. Tickets for both of us was well over 5k, we had 4k available. In my panic I had forgotten about my own Arrival card, thinking we had his to rely on. So I hastily requested a credit line increase, and got the "needs to be reviewed" message. I figured that would happen since he had JUST applied for and received the SM card. At that point I remembered my Arrival, and purchased my ticket on my card, his on his. In the meantime, forgot about the CLI request.

Well, log in this morning to Barclays site, and apparently I had accidentally requested the increase on the SM card. His SM card was at 5k, and is now at 7k. I was planning on paying off my husband's Arrival in the next few days, moving the credit line and then closing the account (annual fee coming due). This would make the CL on his SM 13,500. It seems excessive to me. If we are not on vacation and acting like we are millionaires Smiley Tongue his typical spend is usually no more than $600/statement period... but my husband HAAATEES the credit card game. He wants 1 card to rule them all and he doesn't want to mess with trasnfering points, rotating categories, etc. That being said, the SM card is the ONLY card he uses.  I figured if he is only going to use and carry one card, it should have a decent credit line for him. 

I am also curious if I will be able to close the account and request the line being moved through secured message. Husband hates calling CSR, and even asking to just verify and then authorizing to speak with me is such a hassle for him. It is just easier for me to work through email and not have to call in. 

I know everyone is gaga over CCC like Chase, Citi, etc, but we have been super pleased with Barclays. 

Message 846 of 972
Anonymous
Not applicable

@barbaralee wrote:

Husband and I were on vacation, and we had taken both of our Arrivals and the debit cards. Husband's Arrival has a 7k credit line, we were shopping until we dropped and had racked up over 2k worth of charges. In addition to that the rental car agency had put a pre-auth on our card for about $450. No biggie. Well, family emergency happens, we need to get the first flight back home. Tickets for both of us was well over 5k, we had 4k available. In my panic I had forgotten about my own Arrival card, thinking we had his to rely on. So I hastily requested a credit line increase, and got the "needs to be reviewed" message. I figured that would happen since he had JUST applied for and received the SM card. At that point I remembered my Arrival, and purchased my ticket on my card, his on his. In the meantime, forgot about the CLI request.

Well, log in this morning to Barclays site, and apparently I had accidentally requested the increase on the SM card. His SM card was at 5k, and is now at 7k. I was planning on paying off my husband's Arrival in the next few days, moving the credit line and then closing the account (annual fee coming due). This would make the CL on his SM 13,500. It seems excessive to me. If we are not on vacation and acting like we are millionaires Smiley Tongue his typical spend is usually no more than $600/statement period... but my husband HAAATEES the credit card game. He wants 1 card to rule them all and he doesn't want to mess with trasnfering points, rotating categories, etc. That being said, the SM card is the ONLY card he uses.  I figured if he is only going to use and carry one card, it should have a decent credit line for him. 

I am also curious if I will be able to close the account and request the line being moved through secured message. Husband hates calling CSR, and even asking to just verify and then authorizing to speak with me is such a hassle for him. It is just easier for me to work through email and not have to call in. 

I know everyone is gaga over CCC like Chase, Citi, etc, but we have been super pleased with Barclays. 

I'm surprise Barclay even allows you moving your credit lines to an existing card. I never heard of that. I've only heard people doing product changes from Apple card to rewards card. I know chase allows it but Barclay too? Let us know or me cut I'm learning still Smiley Very Happy

Message 847 of 972
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I guess now that I have a Barclay CC I can start posting here now. How are they when it comes to applying for another one of their cards before six months are up (ideally I want a Sallie Mae and want to be able to move the US Airways limit over to that and close the card eventually) and how long does it typically take to get a CLI from them? The AF posted yesterday. My APR is 24.99%.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 848 of 972
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

I haven't posted in awhile, but my husband got an 2,200 increase last month.  His starting limit was 1,300 in March 2013 and it's up to 8,500.  He's never asked for a CLI all done automatically.  

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 849 of 972
I_need_720
Regular Contributor

@barbaralee wrote:

Its a quick call - please call the Credit Analyst number( can be found here on the forum) and not Customer Service they will take care of it in a jiffy. One week ago I moved $2,000 from my Apple Financing Card to my Reward card - mind you I just opened the Apple Financing card on 9/11.

br>Current Scores: EQ: 629 EX: 654 TU: 682 on 12/30/2014 from myFico
Starting Scores: EQ: 640 EX: 672 TU: 663 on 08/26/2014 from myFico
Goal Scores: 750+

In the Garden till October 2015 - Last App November 13, 2014
Message 850 of 972
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.