Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CL Transfer

tag
omoa
Valued Member

Barclay CL Transfer

I'm nearing the end of my credit rebuilding adventure and doing some house cleaning with my various credit card accounts. Closing ones I don't use and pampering the ones that have been good to me during my rebuild. Barclay has been very good to me during my rebuild yet I decided to close my NFL card with them as it was only a BT card for me and to try and transfer the CL of 4350 to my Arrival. The NFL and Arrival both have a $0 balance. I called and the CSR was very willing to help. He transferred all but $500 from the NFL to the Arrival and told me the changes would be visible online in 5-10 minutes. I was thrilled! I would now have a top card with a CL of $6800. The highest limit on any card for me. I waited 1/2 hour, logged into Barclay, and saw a new limit of $11,300 on the Arrival! Apparently Barclay likes what I have done with my credit over the last few years! Proof that the effort does payoff. Never thought I would be where I am today credit wise and this forum can take alot of the credit.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay CL Transfer

Wow, that's awesome! So you went from $2k+ to $11k on your Arrival? (just want to make sure I'm reading it right)

Message 2 of 8
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Congrats....job well done !

Barclay's has been nice to me & I've hear what they do to others. They gave me a four thousand dollar increase when I charged $7000 out of $7500 when I replaced my roof on my brand new card. I did tell them how I planned to pay it off (6-8 months equal payments) & I guess they liked the swipe fee and billed interest fees because the next billing cycle, there it was in black & white !

And I agree....this forum is AWESOME !!!!

SisterGirl
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice, congrats! Keep up the good work

Message 4 of 8
omoa
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, that's awesome! So you went from $2k+ to $11k on your Arrival? (just want to make sure I'm reading it right)

Basically, yes. I went from $2950 on Arrival to $11,300. But that was with closing the NFL and a CL transfer of $3850 from the NFL to the Arrival. They must have SP pulled and decided on a CLI as well.

Message 5 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 8
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Nice Job.
Signature needs updating
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job!Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.