Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CLD/AA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay CLD/AA

Well I didn't make it ontime to pay if off and my CR updated a hefty utilization. It didn't affect mine as much as my DW as she was an authorized user on the card. Dropped her from 760 to a 702 😔 Wonder if they would be so kind to do an off cycle update? I'm hoping this doesn't cause more AA's. Atleast for my DW.
Crazy that they can have that much power. Basically if you don't use us, then you get to use no one....
Message 31 of 82
Pway
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear this.

I got their Rewards card when rebuilding, less than 2 years ago. I quit using the card months ago. Limit still sits st $500. They send me junk mail &  bal transfer checks constantly.  Why would I do that?! I finally called them & talked to a rep a few weeks ago & asked what the criteria was for increases. All my other cards have grown leaps & bounds. My Fico is 740, utiliz about 5%. The rep said he'd put in a request for a CLI; I politely declined.  Also asked him when they close out accts. He said usually after 6 months with no activity. They can close mine. I have no use for this conservative skittish bank.

I was approved around two years ago as well.  They approved me six months after my bk discharge.  My profile has drastically improved, and my limit still sits at 750.  I will not take another hp from them.  I took three last year trying to get an increase and still nothing.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 32 of 82
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I didn't make it ontime to pay if off and my CR updated a hefty utilization. It didn't affect mine as much as my DW as she was an authorized user on the card. Dropped her from 760 to a 702 😔 Wonder if they would be so kind to do an off cycle update? I'm hoping this doesn't cause more AA's. Atleast for my DW.
Crazy that they can have that much power. Basically if you don't use us, then you get to use no one....

Smiley Sad

Message 33 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

The more I see these kinds of threads the more I'm slowing beginning to dread ever opening an account with them. PIF and only had the card a few months but judging by their actions I feel I won't keeping the card much longer.

Message 34 of 82
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

So to provide some balance ... Barclays can be very good lender, if they like your profile ....

I started out with a $800 approval on the Arrival 3 years ago.  At that time I had a thin file, with only one cc w a $320 CL and a few very old lates on installments.  Now three years later I have $30K in credit w Barclays, with continued auto and SP CLI's.

I have done things that are supposed to bring a Barclay's AA:

• Agressive credit seeking - Barclays was my second cc, now, 3 yrs later I have 20 cc's and $300K in CL's
  • Using BT's - Used the 1% offer multiples times, recied auto CLI's after each one
  • High Utilization - I've never had overall high utilization, but I do show some cards near maxed month after month, due to high usage & BT's

Why I think I've have a positive Barclay's relationship

• Long stable profile, going back to 1995
  • Multiple mortgage TL's on CR
  • Relatively high income
  • Never pay interest, always pay far over minimum on BT's
  • No baddies (lates fell off the CR soon after I opened my first Barclay's card)

So, while I agree that Barclay's is quite risk adverse, I disagree with all the doom and gloom of Barclay's AA.  IME, it is possible to do a fair amount of credit seeking, and have a postive Barclay's relationship.  But the credit seeking needs to be balanced with an otherwise stable profile.

Message 35 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sillykitty1 wrote:

So to provide some balance ... Barclays can be very good lender, if they like your profile ....

I started out with a $800 approval on the Arrival 3 years ago.  At that time I had a thin file, with only one cc w a $320 CL and a few very old lates on installments.  Now three years later I have $30K in credit w Barclays, with continued auto and SP CLI's.

I have done things that are supposed to bring a Barclay's AA:

• Agressive credit seeking - Barclays was my second cc, now, 3 yrs later I have 20 cc's and $300K in CL's
  • Using BT's - Used the 1% offer multiples times, recied auto CLI's after each one
  • High Utilization - I've never had overall high utilization, but I do show some cards near maxed month after month, due to high usage & BT's

Why I think I've have a positive Barclay's relationship

• Long stable profile, going back to 1995
  • Multiple mortgage TL's on CR
  • Relatively high income
  • Never pay interest, always pay far over minimum on BT's
  • No baddies (lates fell off the CR soon after I opened my first Barclay's card)

So, while I agree that Barclay's is quite risk adverse, I disagree with all the doom and gloom of Barclay's AA.  IME, it is possible to do a fair amount of credit seeking, and have a postive Barclay's relationship.  But the credit seeking needs to be balanced with an otherwise stable profile.

Well said. I don't think it's all doom and gloom either. Any lender/bank has a right to be worried if they see someone has opened like 10 accounts or so in the 6-8 months after signing up with them. I guess you just have to be more careful with them than you would someone else.

Me personally, my card habits aren't changing. I have a relatively young credit history, but I don't feel like I'm walking on egg shells with them. If something happens, it happens. People worry the same with AmEx and their FR. Nothing you can do.

Message 36 of 82
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Where are all the rage-closed Sallie Maes?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 37 of 82
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol installment balance too high, we all got to start somewhere with new loans duh!!.
Message 38 of 82
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I guess if your profitable for them, shouldnt have any problemsSmiley Wink
Message 39 of 82
elim
Senior Contributor

woooooooooooooooot!   good riddance

:]

I keep my Barclay balance in the safe every month, in cash, always waiting for my turn.

Side note... my business manager carries heavy balance with them, just got second auto CLI to 20k.

Message 40 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.