Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CLD Q's

tag
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Barclay CLD Q's

Do they do it for new inquiries or new accts? (What if those inq were on same day as getting barclay)

What about high balances on a loc or something?

Is it 6 months after getting their card or 12 months?

Just want to mind my P's and Q's.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Barclay CLD Q's

@jordanmedical wrote:

Do they do it for new inquiries or new accts? (What if those inq were on same day as getting barclay)

What about high balances on a loc or something?

Is it 6 months after getting their card or 12 months?

Just want to mind my P's and Q's.

I heard all kinds of things about Barclay and actually it was my 3rd or 4th time I applied and my TU was my best but I quickly made use of that! LOL

I had about 4 INQ (not sure where rest went, and my BIG USBank Card was not showing so that helped but anyway.

Approved on APP 1 or 2 on cleanest reports since BK...

I then opened 3-4 GE Cards, Capital One, Car Refi

fast forward 5-6 months I added another 3-4 GE cards, a AU big Navy Card, and then I went running for Car purchase/Lease and added somewhere between 20-25 INQ on each I think.... pretty sure last checked in like Aug/Sept I was over 40 on each report I think (car shopping is interesting when you are running around 8 dealerships! LOL

So... I have never had anything happen with Barclay, so not really sure... I don't worry about it, they are going to close it or not, I don't care.

Message 2 of 14
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I apped for a Barclays NFL card 9/12. At the time, I got a deferred decision (status said it was under review). I called in, and they said decisions are automatically sent for manual review (deferred decision) for people who already have a Barclays card. I currently have a US Air MC, and had a Barclays rewards MC that I cancelled in July (low limit, high APR). I combined the limits on those cards to the US Air card before closing.

Anyway, while talking to the CSR, he walked why I wanted a new card, and mentioned that I had a lot of new credit (5-6 cards from June-July app spree). He approved the new card with a 5k limit, but not before warning me that I should not app for any new accounts for 'awhile' or I risk AA (closure or CLD) from them. When I asked how long "awhile" before I app again, he said 6 months. 

As always, YMMV. I am laying off apping now (only did this one because $400 cash back after you spend 1k was too much to pass up). But...if I see a really good carwho on knows? LOL

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 3 of 14
learnin113
Established Contributor

All of the above
Message 4 of 14
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

BUMP

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)

Message 5 of 14
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

ive actually thought about barclays.  wow they gave you a 3k limit?  did you have to recon the decision or was it instant approval?  your doing really good and lining up a nice portfolio of cards

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 6 of 14
spengbab
Regular Contributor

idk people talk about barclays being AA happy. I can report to you that if that is true, it has not happened to me.

After opening my Barclaycard I applied for like 8 cards, got approved on 6 of them (Had AMEX Zync already).

During that time I asked for a CLI from Barlcays... they said no because of lack of history which I thought was reasonable (my cc history was thin while I had a 5 year auto loan history) ... a few months (2) later at the 6 month mark (keeping in mind at this time I had 5 credit cards and a handful of HPs) they gave me an increase to $2100. 

So I think honestly its a YMMV thing. I've been paying my cards on time, if anything they may be asking themselves how I can retain my sanity from paying down 6 different cards a month Smiley Happy but as long as the bills get paid on time... I have not had any AA so far. It has been 9-10 months with them... if anything hasn't happened yet I think they're comfortable with me Smiley Happy it took me awhile to get my mac, but before that I was charging 300-400 a month and PIF every month so they must have liked that.

Barclaycard Apple Financing (2100), Discover More (2500), US Bank Visa Platinum (2000), CFNA (2200), Chase Freedom (500), Capital One (1500), HSBC Platinum Master Card (750), Nebraska Furniture Mart (1000)
Message 7 of 14
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

yes, root, I had to recon. Got Denied (third time I've applied in 2 years) and called in, told them I wanted the retina display bc at first they were just going to give me 1500. Then he matched my highest CL. Now I'm trying to behave myself with new apps. I really want to get carecredit and paypal or amazon. UGH

Message 8 of 14
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@jordanmedical wrote:

yes, root, I had to recon. Got Denied (third time I've applied in 2 years) and called in, told them I wanted the retina display bc at first they were just going to give me 1500. Then he matched my highest CL. Now I'm trying to behave myself with new apps. I really want to get carecredit and paypal or amazon. UGH

I hear you im hoping I dont scratch the itch lol.  I have mixed thoughts on carecredit.  I would do amazon over paypal.

Ive heard telling barclays something you want to buy is more than your limit and mostly sometimes they will increase the limit on recon.  congrats

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 9 of 14
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

I scratched it when walmart wouldn't give me a cli (absolutly wouldn't budge). Saw amazon will have the tv I want for blk friday at walmarts price....bamm....approved for 800. I don't understand why ge would give me new card with a higher cl then my walmart but refuse a cli.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.