Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CLD Uggh

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay CLD Uggh

Welp, had my Barclay Apple rewards card for almost 2 years and now get a CLD Smiley Sad

$4000 limit

Never Used

Decided to take advantage of the 18mo. special financing on a new iPad.  Transaction was smooth, no worrries at all.  I made my first payment this month on the new balance and they decided to decrease my Credit Line to $1200!?!

I was not irritated by that as I am sure they have their reasons somewhere I guess, however what really irritates me is I have a $900 balance from the iPad pro purchase and now, with the CLD my uti is almost 90%!!!!

Why on God's green earth would they leave me alone for almost 2 years and then CLD AFTER I make a purchase?  Maybe scared them or something?  What do they expect people to do when you punish them when they try to use the card and special financing that YOU offered?

crazy.

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Barclay CLD Uggh

That sucks big time . I guess it was the two years of never using it. Probably they saw no usage and 2 years later an ipad baught could have set off an alarm. Even though we have the option to use a card whenever we want, they may not be so inclined and would prefer at least some usage. Lesson learned i guess as Barclays especially gas been active lately with cld. Hope you can get it paid down fast. Again sorry to hear this.
Message 2 of 33
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Welp, had my Barclay Apple rewards card for almost 2 years and now get a CLD Smiley Sad

$4000 limit

Never Used

Decided to take advantage of the 18mo. special financing on a new iPad.  Transaction was smooth, no worrries at all.  I made my first payment this month on the new balance and they decided to decrease my Credit Line to $1200!?!

I was not irritated by that as I am sure they have their reasons somewhere I guess, however what really irritates me is I have a $900 balance from the iPad pro purchase and now, with the CLD my uti is almost 90%!!!!

Why on God's green earth would they leave me alone for almost 2 years and then CLD AFTER I make a purchase?  Maybe scared them or something?  What do they expect people to do when you punish them when they try to use the card and special financing that YOU offered?

crazy.

Any changes to your profile otherwise? Score drop? High Util? Something else that might spook them? Try calling their Portfolio Credit Dept... if it was just the random purchase after 2 years of dormancy, they'll probably restore the limit.

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 3 of 33
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Are you surprised? Sorry for the CLD, it amazes me after all the CLDs posted on this site. Why ANYONE would bother with these dirt bags! True it is the customer's fault at times..Not every time though. There are just too many lenders to choose from to even waste a hard pull on Barclays.
Message 4 of 33
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
Are you surprised? Sorry for the CLD, it amazes me after all the CLDs posted on this site. Why ANYONE would bother with these dirt bags! True it is the customer's fault at times..Not every time though. There are just too many lenders to choose from to even waste a hard pull on Barclays.

Unfortunately they have a couple of good cards, but it seems like the best course of action is to get in, get your bonus quickly, spend your bonus, and then just wait for the inevitable!

I got the Arrival+ a couple months ago. I just opened a new card from my CU to get the interest rate boost, so I'm on eggshells now. If they do anything, I'll point out to them that I closed PenFed and Southwest, so I'm actually down one card Smiley Happy

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies and tips - I appreciate it!

You guys are probably right as a big purchase after being dormant for 2 years may have spooked them.  I will give their portfolio department a call and see if they can restore it.  If not I will probably just pay this off and close the card.

Anyone know right off hand a direct number to that particular department?  I called the regular number for them and they nice gal I talked to made it seem like she didn't know what department I was asking for.

and WOW, I started reading through the threads and it does look like it is happening to quite a few other folks as well.

Message 6 of 33
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the replies and tips - I appreciate it!

You guys are probably right as a big purchase after being dormant for 2 years may have spooked them.  I will give their portfolio department a call and see if they can restore it.  If not I will probably just pay this off and close the card.

Anyone know right off hand a direct number to that particular department?  I called the regular number for them and they nice gal I talked to made it seem like she didn't know what department I was asking for.

and WOW, I started reading through the threads and it does look like it is happening to quite a few other folks as well.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

It should be this one I think: 866-663-6532

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome, thanks heyryan!!

I'll update the post on what I find out.

Message 8 of 33
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

$4000 limit

Never Used

crazy.

Same card, same thing happened to me after buying an iPad and a couple of iPhones. They CLD'd me after I'd made a half dozen $200 payments on my deferred interest balance. When I asked why, one of the reasons stated was I was paying down balances too fast - **bleep**??? 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/One-bank-giveth-one-taketh-Barclay-s-CLD-with-normal-usage/m-p/4619501/highlight/true#M1337305?q=Barclays+Giveth

I got some of the limit reinstated with their SP CLI and APR reduction trick, but I'm still not back where it was. I'll be closing the card in April, when it hits 2 years old. I'm going to CLD THEM! 

Message 9 of 33
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

awesome, thanks heyryan!!

I'll update the post on what I find out.

You're welcome, and good luck! I'll be interested to see what they have to say. If Barclaycard were a person, I'd say they have paranoid personality disorder Smiley Happy

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.