Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CLI denied

tag
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

Barclay CLI denied

Just wanted to share.... I asked for a CLI on my Barclay Rewards card and was denied.  They said that I was denied because I have never utilized the full amount of my current credit line.  Score 739 and under 1% utilization.  I asked if I would still be considered for automatic increases, and she said that she's not sure since it's system generated.  So don't really know what to expect from them in the future.  I will probably never charge the full credit line.....

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 739 TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay CLI denied

@mrsjr wrote:

Just wanted to share.... I asked for a CLI on my Barclay Rewards card and was denied.  They said that I was denied because I have never utilized the full amount of my current credit line.  Score 739 and under 1% utilization.  I asked if I would still be considered for automatic increases, and she said that she's not sure since it's system generated.  So don't really know what to expect from them in the future.  I will probably never charge the full credit line.....

Curious to know, how old is your Barclays card?

Maybe, if you got CLIs on other cards, Barclays might follow suit in a while? Also maybe they're keen on usage?

Message 2 of 21
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@mrsjr wrote:

Curious to know, how old is your Barclays card?

Maybe, if you got CLIs on other cards, Barclays might follow suit in a while? Also maybe they're keen on usage?

The card will be two years old in March.  I've only had one auto CLI from them since I've had it.  I use the card like crazy, but I've never let the balance get over $600.  That's mainly because I make 2-3 payments a month.  I've recently got CLIs on two of my other cards....

Message 3 of 21
Shock
Established Contributor

you need to let it cut one month at the full amount..1800 it sounds like? then PIF. based on their reasoning they should give you a CLI

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 4 of 21
Jlu
Established Contributor

Call recon line, tell them one of the following:

You are planning on doing some home improvements.

You are planning on going on a long vacation

You are planning on transferring a large balance

Guaranteed CLI, every time. I usually go with option 1.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 5 of 21
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

So you show ultimate responsibility with your TL and that's a problem? I swear. Argh.

Edit: Wrong acronym. Smiley Happy

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 6 of 21
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

@Firehorse wrote:

So you show ultimate responsibility with your TL and that's a problem? I swear. Argh.

Edit: Wrong acronym. Smiley Happy

I know, right?  It ticks me off.  But if they're using that logic, I'll never get a CLI from them.  I don't even spend $2600/mo EVER!  I'm just not a big spender! :/

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrsjr wrote:

I know, right?  It ticks me off.  But if they're using that logic, I'll never get a CLI from them.  I don't even spend $2600/mo EVER!  I'm just not a big spender! :/

it's alllllmost christmas, time for shopping!

pssssst... I all I want for christmas is a red mini stapler Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 21
Jlu
Established Contributor

If you ever feel obligated to spend what you normally would not just to satisfy a creditor it's time to drop everything and take a big step back.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 9 of 21
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mrsjr wrote:

it's alllllmost christmas, time for shopping!

pssssst... I all I want for christmas is a red mini stapler Smiley Tongue

I dunno. I might just buy a single large item purchase, not open it cuz I'm not sure it was a good idea, and then happen to decide after the balance posts that I want to return it. I would lose points but... Smiley Indifferent

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.