Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CLI denied

tag
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay CLI denied

@Jlu wrote:

If you ever feel obligated to spend what you normally would not just to satisfy a creditor it's time to drop everything and take a big step back.

Great advice.

OP, try the recon line. There's no need to spend over and above what you generally spend. 

Message 11 of 21
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

If you ever feel obligated to spend what you normally would not just to satisfy a creditor it's time to drop everything and take a big step back.

I agree.  I guess my credit line will stay where it is because I can't think of any reason for me to spend that much money...

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 739 TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 21
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

@mrsjr wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

I agree.  I guess my credit line will stay where it is because I can't think of any reason for me to spend that much money...

I really wouldn't do it either. Trying to shame you into being irresponsible is quite alarming to me.

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 13 of 21
MovinOnUp2014
Frequent Contributor

Well just to share as well, my 6th statement cut on the 19th of this month and I got zilch....and I've run it up to 80% of my credit line "at least" twice...

Discover I.T. (11k) - U.S. Bank Platinum (9k) - NASA (30k) - Venture (22K) - AMEX Delta Skymiles Gold (6k) -AMEX PRG (AU) plus a few CU CC's and Store Cards = 130k (roughly)
*Post 2010 llB*
Message 14 of 21
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@Firehorse wrote:

@mrsjr wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

I really wouldn't do it either. Trying to shame you into being irresponsible is quite alarming to me.

I agree with this.  If they gave me this reason, I wouldn't go through the hassle of making multiple payments per month.....because that obviously isn't enough to qualify for another CLI.  Instead, I'd spend approximately 10% of the limit each month and put the additional spend on other cards (unless of course the rewards are out of sight amazing compared to the other cards...but I doubt that's the case here). 

Message 15 of 21
Shock
Established Contributor

So....what if you don't do home repairs afterwards?

@Jlu wrote:

Call recon line, tell them one of the following:

You are planning on doing some home improvements.

You are planning on going on a long vacation

You are planning on transferring a large balance

Guaranteed CLI, every time. I usually go with option 1.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an cli from them after i bt and was paying 200 on the monthly paymnt and then next month i paid $300 and that was when they increased my limit 3500. Hope this helps.

Message 17 of 21
Berk
Established Contributor

I use my L.L. Bean Visa once a year at Christmas and had a CL of $4600. I might put $500.00 on it. On a whim I asked for $10K CLI because I knew it was going to be a hard pull (Barclays always is). 5 minutes later I got a phone call from Customer Service saying I was approved for the 10K. Go figure.

Message 18 of 21
barbaralee
Established Contributor

@Shock wrote:

So....what if you don't do home repairs afterwards?

@Jlu wrote:

Call recon line, tell them one of the following:

You are planning on doing some home improvements.

You are planning on going on a long vacation

You are planning on transferring a large balance

Guaranteed CLI, every time. I usually go with option 1.

Nothing happens. I called them twice and said I was going to do something and ended up not doing it. The first time I said I was going to do a BT (a lie) and they increased. The second time I said there was going to be a big expense (truth, but we ended up putting it on another card) and they increased it. In the long run they're not going to monitor your account to make sure you are true to your word on charging home improvements, or whatever else lol

Message 19 of 21
baller4life
Super Contributor

Barclays is SO bipolar. I wasted my first and probably last hp on a cli request on my RMC and they gave me a measley $500. They don't care about your other lines. So you can't really use it as leverage. I was using up to 90% of card then pif every month. Only thing analyst cared about was I had a couple balances on other cards. They do NOT want to see that. I felt like a scolded teenager when I hung up!
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.