Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CLI question

tag
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Barclay CLI question

Hello everyone,

I'll get straight to the point. Has anyone had any success with a Barclays CLI with less than 3 months of history with them? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay CLI question

My only barclaycard CLI was after 6 months with the barclaycard rewards card. I dont think i recall people getting an increase sooner than that except for people who reconed their starting limit. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 2 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Mmmm, I don't recall either BigBlue anyone getting an cli before 3 months. Now, I've seen people reconning their initial CL, and I've seen once where someone's credit profile had changed drastically and score went up by like 80 pts due to a major neg dropping off, and they called back door # form increase with a new HP and got it. That's the only time I've seen it, other than that its strictly 6 months. Barclays is big on wanting to see at the least 6 mo of history with them before a cli. I'm sure Myjourney will chime in as well.
Message 3 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

It's also not a guarantee that you'll get one at the famous 6 month statement. I'm a prime example of that! Barclays frowns on a bunch of new inquires and accounts after them, (which I had a lot), and despite my very heavy usage and large payments, I didn't get an increase, probably 99% because of that, my credit reports hasn't changed any, and my scores went up by 5 pts too. So, keep the inquiries  down and accounts, use the card, and wait for your 6 months statement .

Message 4 of 9
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

That sounds fair enough. Thank you both for your valued opinions

Message 5 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Anytime!! Barclays like heavy useage, big payments, BT, and little to no inquires and new accounts after them. Follow that plan and you should be rewarded at your 6 month! If not, don't worry, some people have reported getting their increases between 6-9 months. My 7th statement cuts in 2 days, and I'm hoping ill get one, but if not, I'm not upset... I'm glad they didn't cld me or close my accounts for all the inquires and new ones after them, lolSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Mmmm, I don't recall either BigBlue anyone getting an cli before 3 months. Now, I've seen people reconning their initial CL, and I've seen once where someone's credit profile had changed drastically and score went up by like 80 pts due to a major neg dropping off, and they called back door # form increase with a new HP and got it. That's the only time I've seen it, other than that its strictly 6 months. Barclays is big on wanting to see at the least 6 mo of history with them before a cli. I'm sure Myjourney will chime in as well.

+1 unless you wish to call in and take a HP I've not seen any auto CLI's from barclay other than around the 6 month time frame. Mine came at 5 1/2 months (auto CLI)

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if this is the same but, I reconned a recent Sallie Mae MC approval at $3,300 and obtained a CLI to $10K with Barclays. Same day as approval no additional HP.
Message 8 of 9
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Not sure if this is the same but, I reconned a recent Sallie Mae MC approval at $3,300 and obtained a CLI to $10K with Barclays. Same day as approval no additional HP.

Recon an approval is different

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.