cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CLI with a HP - your experience?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Barclay CLI with a HP - your experience?

For the people that have requested a CLI from Barclay with a HP, what were your results? Do you think it was worth it? 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay CLI with a HP - your experience?

@masscredit wrote:

For the people that have requested a CLI from Barclay with a HP, what were your results? Do you think it was worth it? 

Why would you use a HP for a CLI with Barclays when you can do it with an SP?  Just call the number on the back of your card, tell them you want to check on lowering your APR and they should transfer you to another CSR.  Ask for APR reduction and then ask if there are any SP CLIs available.

Message 2 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

Why would you use a HP for a CLI with Barclays when you can do it with an SP?  Just call the number on the back of your card, tell them you want to check on lowering your APR and they should transfer you to another CSR.  Ask for APR reduction and then ask if there are any SP CLIs available.

Bingo have had 3-4 APR reductions with CLI's on most of them.. Every 4-6 months you should get an apr reduction and a SP CLI..  Just recently got a 1% reduction and 2500 on my Hawaiian Airlines card with them and a few months prior APR reduction and CLI on SM

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved ring 5k took HP shortly after approval.. don't remember how long.. maybe a few days few weeks?  Unsure.. anyway.. asked for and was increased to 15k.  Yes, I was happy with the results.

Message 4 of 26
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

I was stubborn in 2014 and over the year requested HP CLI from barclays 3 times via the online button. I gained absolutely nothing.

Since then, I've called and after getting past the front line CSRs i've gotten plenty of APR reductions and lots of SP CLI increases. They seem to want a full 6 months between requests per card, but once that occurs I was getting 40% increases per card. That means cards that started with really low limits are growing very slowly, but others grow much faster. That can be frustrating since the cards you want the most increases on, are getting the least amount of increase.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 5 of 26
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I've had some luck with APR reductions and SP CLIs but not much lately. My Barclay Rewards card hasn't received an increase in a little over a year and my Apple Rewards card hasn't received one in 6 months. My scores are much higher than when those cards received their last increases and I've given them decent use.  I wrote this in a different thread earlier this week -

I called to see what offers were available today. Asked the first representitive if I could get an APR reduction on my Rewards card. She said she saw an offer but would have to transfer me to someone else. The representive was able to reduce my APR from 21.24% (guess it went up 1/4% when the Feds raised rates) down to 17.24%. I usually don't carry a balance unless I'm taking advantage of a no interest offer but I'll still take it. I then pointed out that this card hasn't received a CLI in just over a year and asked if there was a SP offer available. She said there was nothing else available. I then asked if there were any offers available for my Apple Rewards card. Nothing at all for that one.

>>

The person I spoke to said she could do a HP to see if I could get an increase but there were no SP offers available.  I'm wondering if that could be worth it. Also, does anyone know if one HP would cover multiple cards or is it one for each? 

My Rewards card was my highest limit. Now it's quickly losing position. The Apple card is close to the bottom. It's only one up from Merrck (Ugh).  Ideally, I'd like to see the Rewards around $15K and Apple in the $8K-$10K range. 

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

Doesn't work for everybody. When my NFL card hit a year in January I tried it. Two different phone calls. No joy. This month my Sallie Mae hit a year so I tried it, and tried the NFL again. A couple phone calls each. No joy. Barclays doesn't like me.

Message 7 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

Doesn't work for everybody. When my NFL card hit a year in January I tried it. Two different phone calls. No joy. This month my Sallie Mae hit a year so I tried it, and tried the NFL again. A couple phone calls each. No joy. Barclays doesn't like me.

Look when you score updates and call the following day and your results my vary... I always hit them a day or two after my barclays score has updated..  Once every 6 months is typical.  Just how I do it and never failed me yetSmiley Happy.  As you kow barclay's doesn't do their TU SP sometimes for 2 month periods if you are after that 1st month aka 30 or 31 day they wont have an offer or at least that is how i see it.

Message 8 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I was stubborn in 2014 and over the year requested HP CLI from barclays 3 times via the online button. I gained absolutely nothing.

Since then, I've called and after getting past the front line CSRs i've gotten plenty of APR reductions and lots of SP CLI increases. They seem to want a full 6 months between requests per card, but once that occurs I was getting 40% increases per card. That means cards that started with really low limits are growing very slowly, but others grow much faster. That can be frustrating since the cards you want the most increases on, are getting the least amount of increase.

Move around your CL's?  Make the smaller one bigger before requesting a SP CLI?  Dunno how that would work, but worth a shot?  Shrug.

Message 9 of 26
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I called 181 days after my Apple card received a CLI. I thought at least one of them would get some luv. Each card has received an APR reduction over the last 6 months. Apple card this time and Rewards card in Oct.  I was just looking through my notes and noticed that I asked for an APR reduction and SP CLI for my Rewards card in Janary. They said "no" then too. 

I may give it a few months and try again. Credit card companies probably have notes from each call. 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.