Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CLI???

tag
Longroad
Established Contributor

Barclay CLI???

I am coming up on my 6 mos anniversary with my Arrival and am hoping for an auto CLI, but I had a couple of questions as I wait. 

1. If I receive an auto CLI will it reset the clock with Barclay to request a CLI?  (ie if it's not enough will I be able to request one immediately or will I have to wait)
  2. if I request a manual CLI and ask for more than they are willing to increase, will they counter or just deny?

i appreciate your help and answers in advance. Thanks everyone. 

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Longroad
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay CLI???

Bump

Message 2 of 37
MrCollector
Regular Contributor

bump

760 (TU) 755 (EX) 740 (EQ)

Chase Sapphire Reserve | Hilton Aspire | Amex EveryDay | World of Hyatt | Aviator Red | AAdvantage Platinum Select | Citi Premier | United Mileage Plus | Discover It
Message 3 of 37
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Longroad wrote:

I am coming up on my 6 mos anniversary with my Arrival and am hoping for an auto CLI, but I had a couple of questions as I wait. 

1. If I receive an auto CLI will it reset the clock with Barclay to request a CLI?  (ie if it's not enough will I be able to request one immediately or will I have to wait)
  2. if I request a manual CLI and ask for more than they are willing to increase, will they counter or just deny?

Sorry for the late response Smiley Sad

1) Normally yes it will reset the clock on auto CLI's but yes you can always request a CLI but will result in a HP

2) I'm not sure if they'll counter ....very good question ........hmmmm

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 37
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Longroad wrote:

I'll give you what happened to me.  I received an auto cli one month and about 3 months later requested a cli.  My cli request was denied because of the auto cli I received 3 months prior.  I was thankful because they didn't pull a HP and then deny me.  I would have been upset if that had happened (eventhough they would have had the right to do that).

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 5 of 37
masscredit
Valued Contributor

My first auto-CLI was at 9 month, next was 5 1/2 months later followed by 6 months which was a few days ago. Increases were $1700, $1800 and $3000. I think it's better to wait for it to happen instead of taking the HP. Unless it's been a year and noting has happned. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 6 of 37
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Barclays requires 120 days between CLI's.  You can always call and take the HP and yes they will counter, I asked for 3K and got 2K.  I also called back and asked if they could do a CLI on my other account with the same HP, that wasnt an option.

Message 7 of 37
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

My first auto-CLI was at 9 month, next was 5 1/2 months later followed by 6 months which was a few days ago. Increases were $1700, $1800 and $3000. I think it's better to wait for it to happen instead of taking the HP. Unless it's been a year and noting has happned. 

Agreed...

I got an increase from $1200 to $2200 the day my 6th statement cut.

Will continue to wait for the next increase.  They soft pull my credit every month so I'm sure they are on top of things.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 8 of 37
imovinup
Regular Contributor

Did you get an increase after youf 6th statement?

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 9 of 37
Longroad
Established Contributor

@imovinup wrote:

Did you get an increase after youf 6th statement?

If you are asking me, my 6th statement is due to cut on May 12th so it is still TBD.

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.