Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Card CLI..

tag
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Barclay Card CLI..

I applied for a Barclay CC a couple of weeks ago and got one with a $700 CL. Should someone with my score try calling and asking for an increase or are they rather conservative?

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay Card CLI..

@KeithW wrote:

I applied for a Barclay CC a couple of weeks ago and got one with a $700 CL. Should someone with my score try calling and asking for an increase or are they rather conservative?

Which Barclays card did you get? you probably should of called the same day you were approved oir the next day they may do another pull now

Message 2 of 12
theagent26
New Contributor

@KeithW wrote:

Congrats on the Barclay! I personally had success calling in to Barclay right after I got approved for an increase. But I do hear about Barclay being extremely sensitive about certain moves (new accounts, inquiries, etc.) for the first six months after you open an account with them. It's gonna be up to you as far as if you think it's worth the risk, but I think you'll be fine. They asked me a couple questions about my pay, and marks on my credit. I originally got $700 and the bumped it to $1500. Good luck!

Starting Score: EQ 593 TU 606
Current Score: EQ 680 TU 682 EX 684
Goal Score: 700's baby let's get it!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 12
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Ok. I think I will give them a call.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 4 of 12
sterlinggirl

I called today and I got denied CLI! I've been with them for 2 years and I have $1000 CL. I may closed me account soon.

Message 5 of 12
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

I called and they bumped me up to $1000. I applied for this card at Apple's website. The lady asked me how much I needed for my Apple purchase. I just played along and said $1000. Do they really care what you use the card for?

Is the Barclay card a very hard card to get? Is it something I should be proud of or is it just about the same as my Capital One cards?

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 6 of 12
john398
Senior Contributor

@KeithW wrote:

I called and they bumped me up to $1000. I applied for this card at Apple's website. The lady asked me how much I needed for my Apple purchase. I just played along and said $1000. Do they really care what you use the card for?

Is the Barclay card a very hard card to get? Is it something I should be proud of or is it just about the same as my Capital One cards?

Well I think they would like you to use it on other items after the Apple purchase, but the intreast rate is pretty high

Message 7 of 12
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

I didn't purchase any Apple items. I just applied there.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 8 of 12
john398
Senior Contributor

@KeithW wrote:

I didn't purchase any Apple items. I just applied there.

Well you can also use the card at the Appl;e store if you want the no intreast offer

Message 9 of 12
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Oh I didn't realize that. lol I was just looking to get a card to replace my Credit One card.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.