Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Card Financing

tag
dtran14
Valued Member

Barclay Card Financing

Was searching around apple's website and found a mac I really like and just went ahead and did the financing and was approved for $1700 and made my first purchase of $1400. Now some silly questions it says if I pay in full within 18 months I won't be charged interest so does that mean if I pay $100 monthly without spending it anymore and take 14 months to pay it off there is no interest added? And is this bad that I'm almost maxed?..

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay Card Financing

Hey!
That's right. If you pay off the card before the 18 months is up- there will be no finance charges.
As far as maxing out the card- it's probably not helping your score but as long as you pay down the balance and have no more credit needs- you will be fine.
I hope this helps. As a rule of thumb, it's never a good idea to max out a card but it is the reason you got this card and it will help build a good relationship with Barclays. Enjoy your new Mac!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 2 of 4
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:
Hey!
That's right. If you pay off the card before the 18 months is up- there will be no finance charges.
As far as maxing out the card- it's probably not helping your score but as long as you pay down the balance and have no more credit needs- you will be fine.
I hope this helps. As a rule of thumb, it's never a good idea to max out a card but it is the reason you got this card and it will help build a good relationship with Barclays. Enjoy your new Mac!

+1...congrats Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 3 of 4
enharu
Super Contributor

Maxing out your card or just having high balances in general does not matter as long as you are not planning to apply for more credit.

However, do avoid maxing out more than 1 card or have high utilization across all your cards.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.