Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Card PC and APR reduction

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Barclay Card PC and APR reduction

Has anyone had any luck with a Barclay Card PC or APR reduction?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay Card PC and APR reduction

Interested in this as well. I have a SM card and wouldn't mind a lower APR.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 2 of 15
MrCredit
Established Contributor

They are one of my lowest limits, I am considering axing the card altogether. I honestly don't use it.

Message 3 of 15
AtlantaWill30339
New Contributor

IME Barclay is ok with PC and even shifting limits between cards, but an APR reduction from them is nearly nonexistent. I've called in for months asking and they tell me that my accounts are not eligible--they however tell me to make sure I make heavy use of the card for APR reductions in the future. Honestly, I don't think it'll ever happen.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AtlantaWill30339 wrote:

IME Barclay is ok with PC and even shifting limits between cards, but an APR reduction from them is nearly nonexistent. I've called in for months asking and they tell me that my accounts are not eligible--they however tell me to make sure I make heavy use of the card for APR reductions in the future. Honestly, I don't think it'll ever happen.

Do they hard pull for PC?  Do you think they would convert my Juniper MC to a Priceline Visa or Travelocity Amex?  Or even a Barclay Rewards?

Message 5 of 15
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

I've been successful with both APR reduction and multiple PC's with Barclays.

PC's: 

Rewards MC -> Arrival Card

Apple Visa -> Rewards Visa

APR:

Arrival 21.99% -> 19.24%

Rewards Visa 21.99% -> 19.24%

Just added a Sallie Mae MC to my collection and called about lowering APR, no problem 19.99% -> 17.99% 

Message 6 of 15
Mvpbowler
Contributor

Barclays does have offers to lower APRs, I believe you just have to call and ask about it. I did it for a few months straight and after about the 3rd month of calling they said there was an offer to lower it by 2 points.

Also I know Barclays will PC cards. You can do the following as the rep told me:

Partner card TO a Barclays card

Barclays TO a Barclays card

Cannot do

Barclays to Partner

Partner to Partner.

Message 7 of 15
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Do you still get the free FICO with the Sallie Mae? I assume yes, but just want to make sure.

Message 8 of 15
Jlu
Established Contributor

Barclays is my #1 creditor when it comes to BT's. I'm able to get an 18-month 0% APR BT at NO TRANSACTION FEE. I heard of 2% BT fees but 0%! Whenever I rack up a large expense like vacation I'll pay for the vacation with my rewards card and then transfer it to Barclay at $0, 0%, no worries til nearly 2 years.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 9 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I know this is a stretch but do they PC rewards over to Sallie Mae by chance?

On another note, i am making strong use of their CC as well as 0% BT, PIF then rinse to repeat. They have to like the lil extra in fees for the transfer.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.