Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Card PC and APR reduction

tag
Psmith
Valued Member

Re: Barclay Card PC and APR reduction

When I first got my Lufthansa Miles & More card, its APR was 21.99%. A few months later, Barclays reduced the rate to 15.99% without any promtping by me. My FICO score was above 800 for the entire period.

Message 11 of 15
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

its hit or miss for apr reduction, i see people here saying abs not, but i called back in may said my score has improved since i gotten your card -which it did was around 690 i think when approved and the score on my statement had me at 725 when i called, said i felt the apr is high taking in to consideration my current score, they dropped it from 24.99 to 21.24 no pulls, or hassel.its still my higest apr but i figured i will just call 1x or 2x a yr and see what happens, i dont carry and big bal on it for long so it doesn't really matter to me.  may eventually try to pc to the ring card

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 12 of 15
d12
New Contributor

They lowered my apr from 24.99 to 14.99 without me asking.

Cap One Quicksilver ($10,000); Barclays Rewards WMC ($7200); Lowes ($4050); Wal-mart ($3250); HSN ($1800); Amazon ($2300); Sportsmans Guide Visa ($1400); Target ($700); Victoria's Secret ($900)

EX: 806, EQ: 780, WM TU: 806
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrCredit wrote:

Has anyone had any luck with a Barclay Card PC or APR reduction?

Off subject, but Citi Bank has always refused to lower my Aprs. Just asked and got the usual we review every six months and if you are eligible it will go down. Then they removed my Aprs info from my login website. Right now I am mad...! Why do you not want to keep a customer since 2009 that has three cards? Thinking of dropping the three. The rewards are not that great and it has always been like pulling teeth (no dentist invovled) to get anything done. Yet they throw surprises at me like the Citi Forward Visa Signature Card (5X) and 10.99% Apr. Go figure?

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@d12 wrote:

They lowered my apr from 24.99 to 14.99 without me asking.

LuckyLuckyLucky.

I bet my new SM will have a 22.99% rate... I just know it. They never told me what it was. :/

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.