Regular Contributor
Tommy5746

Barclay Card for Average Credit

Does anybody here have this card? What was your score when you app'd? I was thinking of possibly applying for this card but i think my credit may be good enough to actually obtain the barclay card for people with good credit.. especially since i am now being accepted for prime cards.. Although the lowest of all my 3 scores is TransUnion which Barclays almost always pulls

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit :smileyhappy:
Established Contributor
amercnchopz34

Re: Barclay Card for Average Credit

Tommy5746 wrote:

Does anybody here have this card? What was your score when you app'd? I was thinking of possibly applying for this card but i think my credit may be good enough to actually obtain the barclay card for people with good credit.. especially since i am now being accepted for prime cards.. Although the lowest of all my 3 scores is TransUnion which Barclays almost always pulls

i got approved in december for this card....i had 660 TU score.....i got message then i reconed....approved...bk from 2005 had 2 collections

Regular Contributor
pozativelyliving

I was approved for $1300 and then called to see if they would recon a higher limit. Went to $2000. BK discharged 2/10, current scores below.

EX 638 (Lender 9/1) TA 650(Walmart 9/1) EQ 655 (FICO - 9/17)
Goal - 700 Club in '13!!!

My Wallet - Cap 1 - $300. Cap 1 - $750. Orchard - $950.
New as of 8/29 - Target - $3000. Barclay's - $2000. Merrick - $1000. Walmart $600. And as of 9/22 - JCP $200.
New Contributor
pinoyscorpion951

I got this card last month also during a spree. I app'd for it because of Credit Karma's recommendation that I had a good chance of approval. Barclay's pulled TU. My score was 659 at the time. I'm one year post BK7. Instantly approved for 1000. I thought about reconning for a higher limit but didnt want to get too greedy. I think I screwed myself though as I added 3 more accounts after this through NFCU. I've heard stories that Barclay's does not like you opening too many new accounts after being approved for any of their cards. Keeping my fingers crossed that they dont cancel this one.

Regular Contributor
Tommy5746

Good Info guys... Thank you for your feedback!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}