Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Card

tag
tanwatson
Established Member

Barclay Card

I got approved for a Barclay card today after some verification. My question is since I was approved for the MasterCard could I apply for the Barclay card that finances on the Apple website?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay Card

Congrats to you

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tanwatson wrote:
I got approved for a Barclay card today after some verification. My question is since I was approved for the MasterCard could I apply for the Barclay card that finances on the Apple website?

You can but I would wait at least 6 months with Barclays, better chance of approval.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 4
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't!  I had the Apple financing card and decided I wanted the rewards card, I mean I got the financing card straight up, no recon.  I called and asked if it could be PCd to the rewards card and was told that I could reapply and even if I was declined then I could PC.  I did that and was given the 7-10 message and I called to recon it.  They told me they were not going to approve me for the rewards card and close my financing card.  I had to be firm and a bit direct about their reasoning and how it did not match the facts.  The finally agreed to open the rewards card but close the financing card.  I had to settle for a lower limit in it.  I have used the card nicely and it has been opened since August without a CLI and I have read that they don't like too many inquiries or new accounts.  When I reconned the card the credit division did bring that up as reasons behind their concerns.  I would wait six months if I were you, after all you had to recon to get the card and that itself should be a good indicator!  You might actually even need to wait a little longer, maybe a year.  Garden for a while would be my advice.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.