Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Cards Came Today...almost

tag
matolen
Contributor

Barclay Cards Came Today...almost

Well, not today (Sun) but that is when I picked up the mail.  I was confused why my Barclaycard Rewards didn't also show up as I had applied the day after I was approved for the Apple Rewards Card.  I was initially declined but won it on a recon and a percentage of The Apple card's limit applied to the second.

I called and it turned out the first credit analyst had done everything but 'flip the switch' on the 2nd account.  So they activated both accounts, and they even are expiditing the Rewards card to me at no charge.  Pretty darn good customer service so far!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Cards Came Today...almost

Congrats! What's the limit on the Rewards card? I am still waiting on mine. Barclay seems to take forever to arrive.

Message 2 of 13
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@MstrPTato wrote:

Congrats! What's the limit on the Rewards card? I am still waiting on mine. Barclay seems to take forever to arrive.

In comparison to Citi, Barclay's sends cards at the speed of light. 

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

I have had no issues with Citi...my Arrival took about 2.5 weeks.

Message 4 of 13
matolen
Contributor

The Apple Rewards was $1,500.  They offered me both on the provision I move 500 off to the Barclay Rewards.  So these are starters.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@matolen wrote:

The Apple Rewards was $1,500.  They offered me both on the provision I move 500 off to the Barclay Rewards.  So these are starters.

I'm still amazed they did this with both accounts being *new*

Message 6 of 13
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Be careful with Barclays they watch you for appling for cards after getting in with them. I dont know if your looking for any others cards soon but I would wait a solid 6 months before getting any other cards. Just some real advice from someone (myself) who had their Barclays closed in 2013 because of being stupid and opening accts after getting that card.  Ohhh BTW CONGRATULATIONS! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

+1

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi i got 5 cards in 5 months after barclay rewards and just got a 1600 cli taking it to 2600, so you never know

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

hi i got 5 cards in 5 months after barclay rewards and just got a 1600 cli taking it to 2600, so you never know

I got 6, no 7 new tradelines after my SM including another Barclay's card and not a peep from them except "We see that you pay your balance in full"

They only mentioned the new tradelines when I asked when would be a good time to app for the Ring.. Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.