Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Cash Forward Opinions.

tag
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Barclay Cash Forward Opinions.

Does ant one have any Barclay Cash Forward Opinions? Pros cons. Just Got one.Smiley Sad

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay Cash Forward Opinions.

I'm curious why you ask this after you already applied/got the card?

Anyway, it's a pretty straightforward card. 1.5% on everything. You get a 5% bonus when redeeming, so you eventually get 1.575%.

The redemption threshold is $50 so the card only really makes sense if you will use it pretty steadily. If not, going to take ages to get the rewards.

Message 2 of 13
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Thanks for the info. That cleared up my question on the cb. 

Because I am Addicted to credit cards. 

Another BOA is on its way.

Office Depot has good rewards and got it 3 days ago.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jeffery581 wrote:

Thanks for the info. That cleared up my question on the cb. 

Because I am Addicted to credit cards. 

Another BOA is on its way.

Office Depot has good rewards and got it 3 days ago.

LOL.. congrats on all the approvals! The Cash Forward also comes with a $100 sign up bonus after so much spend right? It sounds just like Cap1's Quicksilver except the addtional 5% cashback redemption bonus, and the $50 requirement to cash out. Looks like a decent card other than the redemption amount requirement.

Message 4 of 13
celluloid17
Established Contributor

I wonder if Barclays will eventually lower or eliminate the redemption threshhold.  It's not at all competitive when you compare it to Quicksilver or now Freedom Unlimited, both of which allow you to redeem at any amount and both have similar sign-up bonuses (although FU beats them both with the $150 offer).

Message 5 of 13
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@celluloid17 wrote:

I wonder if Barclays will eventually lower or eliminate the redemption threshhold.  It's not at all competitive when you compare it to Quicksilver or now Freedom Unlimited, both of which allow you to redeem at any amount and both have similar sign-up bonuses (although FU beats them both with the $150 offer).

It seems unlikely to me that they'd eliminate it. They should, in the spirit of competing with other products, but Barclay's is particularly keen on basically forcing people to use the card often. The $50 threshold requires frequent use. Same with the $100 on the arrival+. Seems to just be their business model. Unless they get a ton of complaints it probably won't change.

Message 6 of 13
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

I have the Cashforward World Mastercard too.. saw it after they added to the website and thought it was nice.. I already have QS, but I havea  good standing with Barclay as well and they approved me right away.

I haven't used it yet, but it looks like a nice card.. considering I can't get in with other big banks like BoA / Chase / Citi / Amex.. nice card to add to your profile.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I plan to PC my Arrival+ to this in the fall. I just dont use the Arrival+ as much as I thought I would to justify the AF. Not to mention they nerfed the card. I am grandfathered right now for the 10% bonus and $25 minimum redemption fee - but that will change in August (5% bonues and $100 redemption min.). Want to keep a MC and the CL is generous. After seeing the A+ minimum redemption get raised to $100 makes the $50 seem reasonable. LOL

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just get a Quicksilver
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

It seems unlikely to me that they'd eliminate it. They should, in the spirit of competing with other products, but Barclay's is particularly keen on basically forcing people to use the card often. The $50 threshold requires frequent use. Same with the $100 on the arrival+. Seems to just be their business model. Unless they get a ton of complaints it probably won't change.

And even if they do, those would be complaints from people who don't use the card much and likely don't intend to have it as a primary/secondary/tertiary card (or they'd be using it more and likely not be bothered by the $50 minimum).

Freedom Unlimited is a better card (at least, I'd like one) but 5/24 increases the probability that Chase will get a serious amount of spend on it. It lets them keep out a lot of the unprofitable customers. Barclaycard is vulnerable to people getting the card, spending $500, redeeming just over $100, and SDing it.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.