Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Chance

tag
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Barclay Chance

Just wondering what my chances may be to get in with Barclay.  Most likely the Average Credit version.

Stats are as follows

TU - 640 (true fico)

AAoA approx 3 years

6 inq, 3 of which are recent - those 3 are ON card decline, Barclay decline (6 months ago), Smart Connect approved 1 month ago

Util is around 60% - I know this should be lower

Some baddies all over 2 years old, all medical (working on pfd as we speak).

I just wanted to try for one more before heading to the garden for an extended stay Smiley Very Happy

Any input or advice is greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay Chance

Sorry the previous thread wasn't up before I posted mine...see he/she is wanting the same information Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I would recommend you get your utilization lower before you app for the Barclays reward card. When you were declined 6 months ago what were the denial reasons? Let us know the answers and maybe we can help some more. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

1. Serious delinquency, and public record or collection filed - The collections, I know, although I did get one pfd, so a little has changed there
      2. Length of time revolving accounts have been established - AAoA which should be a little better now
      3. Proportion of balances to credit limits is too high on bank revolving or other revolving accounts - Util, which I know is better now, but still not great

These I believe were the main denial reasons...the score at the time TU was 600 or so, if I remember correctly. 

Thanks for the response and input btw Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 6
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Correct that utilization and your score should bounce up more. Once you get the utilization in line I'd say you have a better chance of getting it. If you correct the denial reasons, I think you have a strong chance on recon if it's not an instant approval... just have to show them that you paid attention and made improvements. Smiley Happy You can do it! Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 6
fot1
Established Contributor

@Eyisila wrote:
      1. Serious delinquency, and public record or collection filed - The collections, I know, although I did get one pfd, so a little has changed there Basically no change
      2. Length of time revolving accounts have been established - AAoA which should be a little better now.Been 6 months so AAoA is about the same, plus you added a new acount, if it reporting it can lower that
      3. Proportion of balances to credit limits is too high on bank revolving or other revolving accounts - Util, which I know is better now, but still not great Basically no change again.

These I believe were the main denial reasons...the score at the time TU was 600 or so, if I remember correctly. 

Thanks for the response and input btw Smiley Very Happy

I don't see where your file has improved in the area's they sited before.. I would suggest atleast waiting till you get your %Ulit down.. That way you can recon and say hey I got one of the items listed from the previous denial letter corrected.

Too many to list..
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.