Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Checks in Mail and Email

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay Checks in Mail and Email

As upset as I was back when Barclays AA me, especially since they also flooded me with BT checks, don't take a few horror stories on here as evidence it will happen to you. I got greedy and tried to apply for more Barclays cards (I already had three) and as I reflect on it all, they looked at me as a consumer transferring a balance while simultaneously asking for more credit. Probably not the wisest thing I've done, but it's history and I learned and moved on.

Try to remember that for every AA/CLD story on here there are many more that stories of people who avoid it and don't post about it.
Message 11 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Barclay Checks in Mail and Email

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok are they trying to trick me? I've heard the horror stories about balance transfers .. why are they trying so hard to pursue people? Got the checks in mail today about balance transfer, write it to urself blah blah then followed up ny an email later today ..what gives Barclay? This is on my Cash Forward Barclay card

Always be careful relying on anecdotal evidence and always consider your sources.  It's not quite so simple as BT'ing with Barclaycard leading to adverse action.  Those seeing adverse action had issues with their credit profiles and/or were borderline when they took some action (which may have been the BT of just coincidental to the BT) that pushed their profiles into risky territory as far as Barclaycard was concerned.  As for considering sources, keep in mind that many here on myFICO are building or rebuilding credit.

You don't have to respond to offers.  Base your decisions on your specific needs/wants and careful consideration.  Offers are just marketing.  Don't let a company's marketing department make decisions for you.

@Anonymous wrote:

The fear of AA is overblown.

This.  Many don't understand how risk is assessed and how given actions can seem risky to creditors.  Many also have a poor ability to determine causality and simply assume that a BT with Barclaycard gurantees AA.  A strong enough profile isn't going to see AA when taking advantage of a BT.

This,  Plus there is no business sense in a bank trying to "trick" users into getting a BT and then CLDing.  

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.