Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Closed my Apple Credit Card, without Notice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Closed my Apple Credit Card, without Notice

This is very interesting thread. May I ask you? 1. How much is your TU fico at approval and now after account is closed? 2. How much is your utilization% on TU now?
Message 41 of 86
Ron1
Super Contributor

If I want buy a Mac, I wouldn't get Apple Credit Card.  I knew they will not give much CL. Last year, I put my iMac purchase on my Best Buy Card for 18 months. Best Buy Card 18 months no interest financing is much longer than 6//12 months on the Apple Card. I know HSBC is no better than Barclays. At least, they didn't close my account because applying for new accounts or asking for CLI.

Ron.

Message 42 of 86
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

If I want buy a Mac, I wouldn't get Apple Credit Card.  I knew they will not give much CL. Last year, I put my iMac purchase on my Best Buy Card for 18 months. Best Buy Card 18 months no interest financing is much longer than 6//12 months on the Apple Card. I know HSBC is no better than Barclays. At least, they didn't close my account because applying for new accounts or asking for CLI.

Ron.

Ron, you are like the BB card MVC (Most Valuble Cardholder)

Anything electronic i'd be running through them!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 43 of 86
Ron1
Super Contributor

Thanks. I like my BB card and you almost can buy any Mac from BB except customize one.  They only sell those online or at Apple store.  

Ron.

Message 44 of 86
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

18 months at 0% is fantastic !!  That beats anything I have ever seen from Barclay....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 45 of 86
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

At the rate Barclays is going they probably read these boards...anyone with a negative comment will be closedSmiley Mad

Good thing we don't post with names Smiley Happy

Message 46 of 86
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

I almost forgot.  They closed my Juniper Card almost six years ago after I asked for CLI. It was similar situation.  I couldn't get any Juniper/ Barclays for a long time until last year. By the way, I didn't have any bad credit or late. They just closed my account without any reason given.

Ron.

Sounds like it's better to stay under the radar by waiting for an auto CLI than requesting one Smiley Wink

No kidding

Message 47 of 86
CS800
Super Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

18 months at 0% is fantastic !!  That beats anything I have ever seen from Barclay....

Thats a better deal than the Apple card. I only get 0% 12 months

Message 48 of 86
smc733
Valued Contributor

The best buy card is great, except that the interest accures cumulatively if you miss the 0% period.  IE, if you slip into month 19, all that interest accrued comes in at the hefty 25.24 or 27.24% APR.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 49 of 86
Ron1
Super Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

The best buy card is great, except that the interest accures cumulatively if you miss the 0% period.  IE, if you slip into month 19, all that interest accrued comes in at the hefty 25.24 or 27.24% APR.

I never paid a single dime interest on my BB Card.  I pay it off before the promotional period expire.

Ron.

Message 50 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.