Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Credit line decrease I hate it

tag
someg33k
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay Credit line decrease I hate it

Sounds like the reason the CSR gave you was bogus. They wont say to you.. "you arent showing us enough love so we cut your limit..."  but probably the real reason.

Message 21 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:
Sorry op. Your new accounts and inquires are not much at all. 4 new cards really isn't a lot to me and I have several Barclays cards and have been given AA by them. But we are taking like 15+ new cards. Do you have a thin profile? Regardless they can be wildcards. Sorry about your AA but it does make you stronger in regards to these type of things.

I dont think its a thin file, I do have total of 13 credit card,  1 auto loan thru BMW financial.. 

Message 22 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@someg33k wrote:

Sounds like the reason the CSR gave you was bogus. They wont say to you.. "you arent showing us enough love so we cut your limit..."  but probably the real reason.

Thats what I'm thinking too...  Now my CashForward will be the same thing... I dont wanna use it then later on they will still cut down my limit.  I rather use my Discover or Chase. 

Message 23 of 78
baller4life
Super Contributor

true (9).jpg

So sorry OP!

Message 24 of 78
msbia
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@msbia wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Im sorry, its a Barclay card, 

Hi there, this happened to me about a month or so ago on my Apple card. They decreased my limit from $1k to $500 lol ($100 balance). I really didn't care because I only got it for the promo financing on an Apple watch. Baller convinced me to call an analyst just to find out why; it was a different number than the normal backdoor analysts, which I am happy to send to you. Once the gentleman asked me about my new accounts and inquiries, and I explained them, he asked if I would like the credit line reinstated. I told him no because I was getting ready to pay the balance and close it anyway. He laughed. Oh...and they left my Arrival $10k limit untouched. Good luck OP...sending number now.

@msbia wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Im sorry, its a Barclay card, 

Hi there, this happened to me about a month or so ago on my Apple card. They decreased my limit from $1k to $500 lol ($100 balance). I really didn't care because I only got it for the promo financing on an Apple watch. Baller convinced me to call an analyst just to find out why; it was a different number than the normal backdoor analysts, which I am happy to send to you. Once the gentleman asked me about my new accounts and inquiries, and I explained them, he asked if I would like the credit line reinstated. I told him no because I was getting ready to pay the balance and close it anyway. He laughed. Oh...and they left my Arrival $10k limit untouched. Good luck OP...sending number now.

Thanks a lot... Have you expereince any CLD from any other lender?

Yes, BOA back in the fall but those limits have been restored and them some!

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 25 of 78
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Barclays gets a bad rap and plenty of smack but MOST of the time IMHO they earned it.

That said i have one Ring Card with them at $5K and have zero interest in walking on eggshells by going for any others unless they change.

Message 26 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear OP.

This has always been the reason i never auto paid anything with barclay. Stories like this wonder if a bill wont get paid because of a CLD. im sure one day ill get CLD. It will probanly be one of the cards i terminate in the near future as others grow. 

Message 27 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry this happened, OP. Smiley Sad When was the last time you used the card? A number of lenders will CLD for non-use, not just Barclay's.

Message 28 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

My limits got destroyed by Barclays as well right when I called in to ask for balance transfer I went 9000 - 1500. Discover saw this and push me off the Train full speed on a curve, 12000 - 7000.

Until went to 28% because I bought 2200 of appliances at sears, and flooring materials at lowes. It wasn't Christmas that killed me. My winter time scorers down 65 points for one month. they are almost to 700 again. In the meantime synchrony and comenity awarded me increases the whole time. The damage was done from the new accounts may take 6 months for them to pull the trap door but they will do it. My app spree was back in May and I did not suffer until the winter time
Message 29 of 78
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My limits got destroyed by Barclays as well right when I called in to ask for balance transfer I went 9000 - 1500. Discover saw this and push me off the Train full speed on a curve, 12000 - 7000.

Until went to 28% because I bought 2200 of appliances at sears, and flooring materials at lowes. It wasn't Christmas that killed me. My winter time scorers down 65 points for one month. they are almost to 700 again. In the meantime synchrony and comenity awarded me increases the whole time. The damage was done from the new accounts may take 6 months for them to pull the trap door but they will do it. My app spree was back in May and I did not suffer until the winter time

That is absolutely disgusting fordguy89 Smiley Frustrated

When did that happen to you again?  It's horrible IMO in the way that they turned your BT request by phone around as some form of credit risk?

Maybe it's time that i seriously reconsider my own RISK in holding this only Barclaycard myself.

Message 30 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.