Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Dilemma

tag
northface28
Established Contributor

Barclay Dilemma

So I just received a $2k CLI on my Arrival, prior to that the card had a $3k limit. I also have the Barclay Rewards card with a $3k limit. No balances on either. I was contemplating maybe PC'ing to a Arrival+ and moving all the limits to that card? Do you think thats possible or even a good idea? The 2x miles is intriguing and I was looking to streamline some cards and go with the Arrival+, Discover IT, Quiksilver Visa, and VentureOne.

Just to be greedy, odds of the Arrival+ being switched to a World Elite are????????

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay Dilemma

@northface28 wrote:

So I just received a $2k CLI on my Arrival, prior to that the card had a $3k limit. I also have the Barclay Rewards card with a $3k limit. No balances on either. I was contemplating maybe PC'ing to a Arrival+ and moving all the limits to that card? Do you think thats possible or even a good idea? The 2x miles is intriguing and I was looking to streamline some cards and go with the Arrival+, Discover IT, Quiksilver Visa, and VentureOne.

Just to be greedy, odds of the Arrival+ being switched to a World Elite are????????

Being greedy would be closing one of those cards, then applying for Arrival+ for the $400+ bonus (which is what I would do).  I honestly don't know if it's possible to PC from Arrival to Arrival+, Barclays seems to have a set of unknown rules for getting it done. 

Message 2 of 3
rlx01
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay Dilemma

PC'ing to the Arrival+ makes little sense.

The entire point is the $500 in travel credits (40000 + 4000 for redeeming + 6000 earned for $3000 spend).

After that the only difference is one earns 2% on travel and the other 2% on everything.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.