tag
hahayepyep
Regular Contributor

Barclay FICO online vs Barclay FICO from app

Just curious if anyone has any insight on these score differences:

Barclaycard approval letter 4/15/14: TU 646

(myFICO 4/19/14: TU 648)

Barclaycard online FICO (4/21/14): TU 714

The myFICO and app are the same, but the online one being so much higher is confusing.  As far as I know, nothing changed on my TU from 4/19 to 4/21 (not even util%).  ScoreWatch alerted me that the account first reported on 4/18, and CreditKarma updated me that Barclay first reported on 4/25.  So, I don't think that factors in here.

Does Barclay provide a different model on the website from the model they use for approvals?  If so, does anyone know why?  

If it is two different models, that could get confusing if I use the FICO they provide me as a guide as to whether it's a good time to seek a CLI, but then they use a different model to judge my credit worthiness.

I did a little searching and didn't come up with anything.  If there's a thread on this already, let me know.

My credit repair journey started in December 2013 with an EX of 568.
Oct 2014: 715EQ (myFICO)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
hahayepyep
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclay FICO online vs Barclay FICO from app

To add to the mix, I just got my Discover TU FICO from 4/29/14: also 714.

So, I'm guessing Discover and Barclaycard are using the same model, but still confused as to why the approval score is much lower and curious if the score Barclay provides is of any consequence to their CL or APR decisions.

My credit repair journey started in December 2013 with an EX of 568.
Oct 2014: 715EQ (myFICO)

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.