Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Finally CLD'd Me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Finally CLD'd Me

Welp... I had a feeling it was going to eventually happen to me. Seems to happen to lots of people reading these forums... I was next up in line. Apple Barclay CLD me from $8,400 to $2,150. And then they had the nerve to do it when the statement cut so it reported with $1,925/$2,150 which in turn put a pistol to my credit score and shot it down a good 14 points. Makes me want to close the card which I would hate to do because it has such a good return for Apple Products. *sigh* I don't even know how to go about restoring... don't know if I care or not yet. 

I do have two cards reporting at 80% (both were balance transfers), but they've been reporting with high balances since April as I slowly pay them down (both over minimum payment) so not sure why Barclay decided to hit me with the CLD this month in particular. All my balances has went down more than a thousand and some change within the past 30 days. No idea... anyway, just another CLD data point for Barclay.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Finally CLD'd Me

@Anonymous wrote:

Welp... I had a feeling it was going to eventually happen to me. Seems to happen to lots of people reading these forums... I was next up in line. Apple Barclay CLD me from $8,400 to $2,150. And then they had the nerve to do it when the statement cut so it reported with $1,925/$2,150 which in turn put a pistol to my credit score and shot it down a good 14 points. Makes me want to close the card which I would hate to do because it has such a good return for Apple Products. *sigh* I don't even know how to go about restoring... don't know if I care or not yet. 

I do have two cards reporting at 80% (both were balance transfers), but they've been reporting with high balances since April as I slowly pay them down (both over minimum payment) so not sure why Barclay decided to hit me with the CLD this month in particular. All my balances has went down more than a thousand and some change within the past 30 days. No idea... anyway, just another CLD data point for Barclay.

Sorry to see that this happened.  Almost assuredly the two cards at 80% utilization are the cause.  As for why that they didn't do it sooner-they may not have known earlier as not every creditor SPs your reports monthly.  Or they could have just waited to see how long that you were going to carry the high balances. 

As for restoring, first step is to call them and see if there is anything that can be done. Good luck

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

As to restoration of credit line, call the underwriters using the backdoor number. Generally they can review credit with you on the spot and reach a decision.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tips Irish / Dinosaur. I'll make some payments first since I have some statments ending this week and then go about getting it restored. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.