Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay/ GE checking TU 08 score?

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Barclay/ GE checking TU 08 score?

I applied for Barclay card after getting pre-approved on their website. Got denied due to too many inquiries. Also asked for Amazon & Walmart for CLI - denied as well. In all cases they gave a score of 661 TU. Walmart TU 08 is also showing 661. I am guessing these lenders are now pulling TU 08 score may be?

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Barclay/ GE checking TU 08 score?

Yes, Walmart/GE has been using TU08 for awhile now. Can't say for sure about Barclays
Message 2 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Yes, Walmart/GE has been using TU08 for awhile now. Can't say for sure about Barclays

Barclay was to at the beginning of the year

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 9
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

Do all GE cards use TU08?

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 4 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@CREDITSURFER

No, there are some -mostly the furniture cc's and CareCredit that pull EX
Message 5 of 9
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

wonder if there is a list of the GE cards that pull the TU08 scores, would be so helpful to many that have the walmart card.

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 6 of 9
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Amazon store card did pull TU 08 for me. I think if a GE card is pulling TU score it is pulling TU 08. But i am not sure. So far only have experience with Walmart & Amazon store cards. My PayPal Smartconnect gave Auto CLI so did not have to ask them any.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 7 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@CREDITSURFER

The list is pretty small that pull EX. Like I said, the furniture stores mainly, CareCredit, Sony. I'm sure others will chime in
Message 8 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

EveryGECRB card Ive had(9 at one point! Lol) all pulled TU08. Ive never had Carecredit or any of the furniture stores.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.