Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Itunes > cap one no grow rewards card

tag
gamblerx15
New Contributor

Barclay Itunes > cap one no grow rewards card

After years and years of being a capital one card holder and never getting an increase ( they did upgrade me to rewards card I guess they knew that it was sitting under my underware stack in my drawer lol) I have had it. I called today and asked for a cli and was told no due to the fact that my card was already 500.00 over the hard limit cap on this card. ( my credit line is 1500.00 ) I knew they would say no before i called but figured what the hey.

so I apped for an itunes card from barclays and got this message

You're approved.

You can start shopping now.

Congratulations. Just follow the steps below to start saving today.

• Your new credit card account qualifies you to receive an exclusive interest rate offer on all your Apple Store purchases made within 30 days of opening your new credit card account.

go figure hu! I have wasted years being a loyal capital one card holder and right out of the gate barclays beats their pants off.

at least this card will eventually grow with me and I wont be wasting my time. 

Starting Score: 649
Current Score: 680
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay Itunes > cap one no grow rewards card

Believe the sub-prime capone cards don't go any higher then $1,500....or atleast that's what CapOne has told me on multiple occasions.

Message 2 of 3
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay Itunes > cap one no grow rewards card

You also may look at opening Amex Zync if a charge card interests you.  Seems like if 680 is your score, you should be approved for a NPSL Zync.

As long as your Experian report is fairly clean, no negative remarks

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.