Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Juniper Auto CLI - Nice for this Rebuilder

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Juniper Auto CLI - Nice for this Rebuilder

My Juni statement cut yesterday and shows a $1,000 CLI.  (Now at 3700 from 2700).

I'm a rebuilder and am pretty happy with this card.  I have a CH 13 BK showing on my report - it will age off next year.

Here's some stats for curious folks:

I started with an Orchard.  When it was 11 months old, I received a pre-approval from Juni (actually it was my second or third offer from them) and I bit.

Opened 11/09 with $1200 CL.  (BK was officially discharged 2/09)

After 4/10 statement, called and asked for CL - upped $500 - now $1700 CL.

After 10/10 statement, called and asked (edited to correct-this was an auto CL, not a requested one) auto CL - upped $1000 - now $2700 CL.

4/11 statement auto CLI - upped $1000 - now $3700 CL.

I've run about $6000 through it since opening (17 months).  Always PIF.  Never paid interest or fees.

They pull TU - my TU FICO runs between 723-741.  I believe it has always been a soft pull for the CLI's.

And they use household income.

Hope this card works well for other folks who are rebuilding.  I'm liking them.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay Juniper Auto CLI - Nice for this Rebuilder

Which Junny/Barclays is it?

I started with a SeaMiles back in 9/2007 at $400. I called a couple of times over the course of a year with no luck. Finally in April 2009, IIRC, I called one last time from a public telephone at a rest area off I-85 somewhere while waiting for DW and the kiddos. The rep immediately said I could have a CLI if I wanted it. I asked how much and he said you'd have to be specific in your request. I shot for $1500 and he said approved. I haven't tried since because it was a hard on TU at the time, but maybe one day I'll aim for $3k.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess it's just a Juniper Platinum Mastercard.

pretty boring stuff, no rewards, but it's been a good rebuilder with no AF

Message 3 of 8
mross1080
Established Contributor

Thanks for this post. I opened a barclays 11/10 and was approved on recon for 1500 just read this post and decided to call the backdoor number. They upped me to 2500 withing a minute of calling. I love them! Congrats on your CLI.

Message 4 of 8
mross1080
Established Contributor

Side note. I just pulled my credit and they did a hard pull on TU. I dont mind that much since I feel it was worth it but thats my first hard pull on TU since I apped for the card and I was happy with the streak I had going.

Message 5 of 8
sniggy20
Valued Member

Congrats on all the credit line increases!  juniper has been very, very good to me.  It is my and DW's "main" card since rebuilding from '05 BK 7.  Wife and I have individual cards and are authorized users on each.  We obtained them in '08 and have received a $1000 auto increase most every 6 months. CL $7500 for me and DW is at $10,000.  Barclays seems to like "faithfulness" and not too much inquiries for other cards.  I'm happy with them until BK falls off in '12.

Sniggy

Fico eq 702

Fico Tu 700

Fico Ex ??? Feb '09 715

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sniggy20 wrote:

Congrats on all the credit line increases!  juniper has been very, very good to me.  It is my and DW's "main" card since rebuilding from '05 BK 7.  Wife and I have individual cards and are authorized users on each.  We obtained them in '08 and have received a $1000 auto increase most every 6 months. CL $7500 for me and DW is at $10,000.  Barclays seems to like "faithfulness" and not too much inquiries for other cards.  I'm happy with them until BK falls off in '12.

Sniggy

Fico eq 702

Fico Tu 700

Fico Ex ??? Feb '09 715

Thanks for posting - That's great to know.  Looks like I could have just sat back and relaxed and waited for the CLI's to come in.

Do they report the AU's on your credit reports?  I'd like to add my son......but only if they report.

Message 7 of 8
sniggy20
Valued Member

No problem with reporting authorized user.  Good on util. Go for it!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.