Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay/Juniper Visa - Closed Acct w/balance

tag
Psylence
Established Member

Barclay/Juniper Visa - Closed Acct w/balance

Currently,

I have a CONSUMER CLOSED Juniper Visa with a balance of $934. First opened June 2008.

30 days late 60 days late 90+ days late
2 times(Jun 2009)
2 times(Sep 2009, Jul 2009)
1 time(Aug 2009)

I have been paying on time since Oct 2009 and am current. Should I pay off the $934 in full & let it post to myFICO? Or continue to make monthly payments? I've called Customer Service & Credit Analysis, they stated that since I am not Past Due that I cannot lower the 27.4% interest rate nor can I set up a payment plan/negotiate. I just want this to be over & done with so I can continue gardening.

Dec 2011 Scores:
TransUnion FICO Score: 603
Experian FICO Score: 594

March '11:
TransUnion FICO Score: 617
Experian FICO Score: 605

GOAL: 700 Club by June 2011 or earlier
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Barclay/Juniper Visa - Closed Acct w/balance

@Psylence wrote:

Currently,

I have a CONSUMER CLOSED Juniper Visa with a balance of $934. First opened June 2008.

30 days late 60 days late 90+ days late

2 times(Jun 2009)
2 times(Sep 2009, Jul 2009)
1 time(Aug 2009)

I have been paying on time since Oct 2009 and am current. Should I pay off the $934 in full & let it post to myFICO? Or continue to make monthly payments? I've called Customer Service & Credit Analysis, they stated that since I am not Past Due that I cannot lower the 27.4% interest rate nor can I set up a payment plan/negotiate. I just want this to be over & done with so I can continue gardening.

If you can pay in full, I don't even think it's a question... you are currently are getting double wammy, 1. a closed account with balance 2. a 27.4% interest rate!!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.