Valued Contributor
TiggerDat

Re: Barclay NFL Card

I don't have this card, but I did get the Barclay's Financing card and a little later realized they had a rewards card.  I was told that I couldn't PC unless I reapplied, so I did.  They told me they had to review my account.  I called to recon it and was told they were denying it and closing my Financing card too.  I argued a bit with two different people and demanded to speak with the manager about this, the same rep came back and said they would open the account but close the financing card.  They told me what my limit would be and then when I checked the card online it was half what I was told.  I did some more recon after about a month using help from the BBB and got my limit set to what they told me it would be. 

They do specials all the time.  I was offered 1,000 bonus points on the card if I spent $100 a month each month Nov, Dec, Jan.  This amounts to a $10 credit.  I also had to recon the bonus points for signing up, which was only 2,500, but at least it is something.  I think by the time Jan comes and I redeem the points I will have about a $50 credit.  I wish I were willing to pull the trigger for a $400 reward, I can't even believe they could make money off a card by offering it!  I haven't spent $400 in interest in the last 6 years!  I haven't even spent $50 in interest in that time period!

Rethink every purchase you make, before you make it. Use the card with the best rewards. Pay in full each month. Redeem rewards often. Use the cards online shopping for more discounts. Smile, knowing that being thrifty allows you to actually get more out of the same amount of money!
Established Contributor
bettercreditguy1

Remember, cc companies make money on interest charged on balances and the fees they charge merchants like myself. Rewards cards can cost me up to 7% of the gross charged. I as a merchant must build in more overhead to be able to cover these fees/rewards when they occur. In the end, all consumers pay more for their goods and services. There is no such thing as free money.

Starting scores 01/02/2012 EQ 707(Fico) TU 733(Fico) EXP 735 (FAKO)
Updated scores 06/01/2014 EQ 797(Fico) TU 768(Fico) EXP 769 (Fico), EQ 849 (Next Gen 5/27/14 Penfed)

Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Frequent Contributor
racer-x

Dang debbiedoubter,  I mean bettercreditguy. 

I was looking at this card 'til now.  lol

Starting Score 9/12: EQ 645 TU 641 EX 651
Current Score5/13: myFico EQ 729 DicoverTU 710 myFico EX 734
Goal Score: 750

AMEX PRG,AMEX BCP-$15.1k,US Bank PLOC-$15K,CSP-$15k,Freedom-$6k,CapOneVisa-$15k,US Bank Visa-$10k, DCU Visa-$10k,Paypal MC-$15k,USAA MC-$12k,Lowes-$8600,CapOne Visa-$10k,Discover IT-$12.9K,BoA Visa-$10.1K Walmart -$4k,GECU Visa-$3500, US RLOC-$750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
kevinjjc

bettercreditguy1 wrote:

Remember, cc companies make money on interest charged on balances and the fees they charge merchants like myself. Rewards cards can cost me up to 7% of the gross charged. I as a merchant must build in more overhead to be able to cover these fees/rewards when they occur. In the end, all consumers pay more for their goods and services. There is no such thing as free money.

racer-x wrote:

Dang debbiedoubter,  I mean bettercreditguy. 

I was looking at this card 'til now.  lol

Although what bettercreditguy1 said is true, it won't dissuade me from using rewards credit cards.

Senior Contributor
DaBears

Congrats!!! I just applied for this card this morning and was approved for a CL of $1000.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}