cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay NFL Extra Points Ticket Purchase?

tag
FatBank
New Contributor

Barclay NFL Extra Points Ticket Purchase?

Has anyone actually tried the 6 month deferred interest on ticket purchases over $500?

I tried asking a CSR if I could make a $500 ticket purchase through Ticketmaster directly and they would only quot the below word for word. My guess is no.

A 3 game flex pack went on sale April 28th for the NY Jets on their website but the interface said powered by Ticketmaster. I took a chance knowing I could pay in full and made a $860 ticket purchase. I'm happy to report it posted to my account as "New York Jets" not Ticketmaster. No word on the financing but my statement cuts the 19th so I'll report back.

NFL Ticket Financing: NFL Tickets purchased with the NFL Extra Points credit card in amounts of $500 or more will qualify for deferred interest financing for 6 months. Pay no interest if your ticket purchase balance is paid in full within 6 months. If your balance is not paid in full within the 6 month period, or if a late payment is made, interest will be charged from the purchase date at a variable APR, currently 14.99% or 22.99%, which is determined at account opening depending upon your creditworthiness. This deferred financing offer is only available for the purchase of qualifying NFL tickets that are processed by a participating NFL team ticket office that post to your account in increments of $500 or more.

Starting Score: Fico TU 571 (11/21/12)
Current Score: Fico EX 719 (04/23/14) Fico EQ 681 (04/18/14) Fico TU 713 (03/31/14)
Goal Score: 720+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FatBank
New Contributor

Re: Barclay NFL Extra Points Ticket Purchase?

Statement cut today and it did indeed show the 6 month no interest promotion for the ticket purchase. Are you ready for some football?

Current Score: Fico EX 719 (04/23/14) Fico EQ 681 (04/18/14) Fico TU 713 (03/31/14)

Message 2 of 7
lilbirdie69
Valued Member

I actually had no idea the benefits of this card. My daughter is a huge Denver broncos fan, so we fly to denver for a few games a year. She is a little crazy, she saves up every year since she was 17 to go to a game. I will tell her about this card since she spends more than $500 on tickets. Is there a limit? If she went to two to three games, would all her tickets qualify for the deferred if over $500? 

USAA World 22K/ Southwest Plus 15k/ CSP 12k / Chase Marriott Rewards 11k / Citi Platinum AA Card 8500k / Barclay US Airways 7500k/ Citi Hilton Reserve 6k/ Chase Slate 4500k
Message 3 of 7
FatBank
New Contributor

That's awesome, bought the flex pack mainly for the Jets vs Broncos in October. The only limitation would be the credit limit she gets on the card, not on ticket amounts. As long and she buys them through the Broncos ticket office and each transaction posts at over $500 she should be fine.

Message 4 of 7
FatBank
New Contributor

Just wanted to provide an update to this post. I received a letter from Barclays dated July 30th, 2014. It stated that as of August 20th, 2014 any new NFL game ticket purchase, regardless of the amount, will receive a promotional 0% APR for 6 billing cycles. To be eligible for this promotional offer, tickets must be purchased with your card directly through the NFL, Jets, or any other team.

Purchase Update FYI:

NFLShop.com - received 20% off as the card claims and 2x the points.

NFL Game Rewind - did NOT receive the 2x points as an NFL purchase on the "follow your team" package.

Message 5 of 7
ernieadiaz

@FatBank wrote:

Just wanted to provide an update to this post. I received a letter from Barclays dated July 30th, 2014. It stated that as of August 20th, 2014 any new NFL game ticket purchase, regardless of the amount, will receive a promotional 0% APR for 6 billing cycles. To be eligible for this promotional offer, tickets must be purchased with your card directly through the NFL, Jets, or any other team.

Purchase Update FYI:

NFLShop.com - received 20% off as the card claims and 2x the points.

NFL Game Rewind - did NOT receive the 2x points as an NFL purchase on the "follow your team" package.

So does this mean that ticketmaster.com orders are no longer eligible for the deferred interest offer?

Message 6 of 7
FlawlessShineAutoSpa
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your Success with your Barclay NFL CC! Continue Success in The World of Credit Cards!

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $2000 •• Cap1 Venture One $10K
Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard $1500 •• Chase Freedom Visa $3500
Cap 1 Quicksilver Visa $5000 •• Cap 1 Quicksilver Mastecard $2000
Syncrhrony $1500 •• Citi Double Cash $1700 •• Cap1 Spark Classic $2000
Credit One Visa $500

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.