cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Online Pre-Approval Check Out There?

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay's pre-approval link!

@Mads8 wrote:

I called and they said I have to wait for that letter to come explaining why I was declined... & than I can call back and see what they can do for me Smiley Indifferent

At this point, it appears that you may or may not have a marginal chance of approval.  You will need to see what's on the letter to determine whether that would even warrant a reconsideration effort.  More or less, I would have gone with Lexie's previous advice.  While another forum member may have said "yes, yes, yes" this is never a 100% sure thing, and as with anything it's a YEMV situation.

@09Lexie wrote:
Pre-qualified does not mean an approval. It means that with a sp your information meets their criteria. That being said, it's just a hp and if you want to apply, go for it. No one can give you a definitive answer on whether you'd be approved or not.

Message 61 of 69
Mads8
Established Member

I know. I'm pretty bummed. I know that they are pretty sensitive to inquiries and they pull TU so I know I shouldn't haven even done it preapproval or not. Now Im gonna garden for a year. I have like 12 Hard inquiries on TU so Barclays is out of the question for me. Thanks for the advice guys. 

Cap One Quicksilver 500, Cap One Quicksilver 750, VS 400, Buckle 250, Express 300, Ann Taylor 250, Amazon Store Card 1900, Walmart 600, Barclays Financing Visa Card 2000, BestBuy MC Gold 500 Target 300
EQ 650 3/5/14
TU WALMART 675 3/5/14
Message 62 of 69
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay Online Pre-Approval Check Out There?

Congratulations
You're pre-qualified for this Barclaycard offer.
Barclaycard Rewards
  • Earn 2 points per $1 spent on gas, groceries and utilities*
  • 1 point per dollar on all other purchases*
  • 0% intro APR for 12 months on Balance Transfers and Purchases. After that, a variable APR, currently 14.99%
  • No Annual Fee*

Rewards Card for Excellent credit.  Anybody know if this card is available as World MC?

Message 63 of 69
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Mads8 wrote:

I got the message saying my applications needs further review....Smiley Sad

No no no sorry to hear this Smiley Sad

Wait on the letter and hopefully it's something you can correct.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 64 of 69
NYFan63
Established Contributor

I got this:  Based on your information, these products might interest you" and shows the Barclays Rewards Aspiring Prime.  My TU is 659, Exp 636.  I have a BK7 on my CR and have (3) Cap1 CC's, (1) Merrick Bank, (1) Barclays LL Bean and (1) WFB Furn store CC. I am at about 65% Util on these CC's.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 65 of 69
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

You called backdoor and they won't manual review until you get letter? I've never heard Barclay not recon.
Message 66 of 69
jologan79
Frequent Contributor

I don't understand why I'm not getting any approvals anywhere.

I have high balances yest...but no late pays and only  one charge off that's paid off.

Credit scores in mid 500s. 

What's wrong. 

High balances?

NFCU Cashrewards $20,500 ~ NFCU LOC $15,000 ~ Chase Southwest $9,800 ~ Discover IT $500 ~ Hilton Honor Amex $1,000 ~ MILITARY STAR $6,900 ~ USAA Classic $500 ~ Macy's Store Card $3,200 ~ Mercury Visa $3,450 ~ Amazon Prime $2,200
Message 67 of 69
shane82388
Established Contributor

@jologan79 wrote:

I don't understand why I'm not getting any approvals anywhere.

I have high balances yest...but no late pays and only  one charge off that's paid off.

Credit scores in mid 500s. 

What's wrong. 

High balances?

Scores in the 500's? High balances? I think im sensing sarcasm but not sure...If not, those are both huge reasons why...

Message 68 of 69
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Also a single charge off, with no late pays, probably doesn't cause a mid-500 score.

Just in case the question is serious: mid-500s is very low.   Even though the scores have a big range up to 850, anything below ~ mid-600s will make it hard to get anything half-way decent.

Message 69 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.