Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay Online Pre-Approval Check Out There?

[ Edited ]

@ChopperED same story as my sister she applied for Apple Finance card 2 months ago and was denied yet approved for a wells fargo and discover it cc. it also been two months, but she doesnt want to push it and will apply in the next 3 or 4 months . Congrats!! what card did you qualify for and got approved?

(EQ FICO ---) (EX FICO ---) (TU FICO ---) Gardening Since 07/15/15 For All 3 Credit Bureaus
(EQ Inquiries --) (EX inquiries --) (TU Inquiries --) All of my 3 Credit Cards are Secured with a $300 Credit Limit.
Established Contributor

I'm prequalified for the Barclay's Arrival. ;O

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Regular Contributor

bahbahd wrote:

bluescale wrote:

It doesn't work for me Smiley Sad

The screen flashes something quickly, and then goes back to form.  I've tried it in Chrome, IE and Firefox.

gremlins-movie-image.png

Smiley LOL

New Contributor

eviLution wrote:

As am I. Very tempting. Smiley Tongue

If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. -- Aristotle
Starting Score: 777
Current Score:  761
Goal Score:      800
Established Member

Does anyone know if this is truly a pre-qualified check?

I put my information in and was recommended for the Barclay rewards - a few months ago I was denied a card so I'm trying to figure out if it just recommended me a card based on the fact I was interested in cash back.

Starting: 06.2013 - [EQ: 525] { TU/CK: 619 TU/WM: 614) [EX/CS: 583]
Current: 12.2013 - [EQ: 621] {TU/CK: 634 TU/WM: 637} [EX/CS: 610]
Goal: 750

[mightymoxie.com]
Established Contributor

GatorGuy wrote:

eviLution wrote:

As am I. Very tempting. Smiley Tongue

It is, but I want my shiny gold spade!

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Established Member

It qualified me for the Barclay Rewards. I put average credit and it gave me the " Congrats screen" with that offer. So now I got that coming with a 3500 limit. My next closest was a Cap1 Platinum under credit steps sitting at 1500.

Miles and More- 7500 // Capital One Venture - 5000 // Capital One Venture - 3500 // Consolidated Community CU - 500 // Barclays Rewards - 700 // Dress Barn - 1150 // Express- 650 // J.Crew- 4250
Senior Contributor

way to go!

(EQ FICO ---) (EX FICO ---) (TU FICO ---) Gardening Since 07/15/15 For All 3 Credit Bureaus
(EQ Inquiries --) (EX inquiries --) (TU Inquiries --) All of my 3 Credit Cards are Secured with a $300 Credit Limit.
Epic Contributor

Neither my partner nor I got anything but recommendations which I expected for both since he is only 3 or so months out on USAir Business Card approval and me just paying off a baddie with them.

I had never seen this before though... who else using it and getting offers?!!

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Super Contributor

Arailah wrote:

Does anyone know if this is truly a pre-qualified check?

I put my information in and was recommended for the Barclay rewards - a few months ago I was denied a card so I'm trying to figure out if it just recommended me a card based on the fact I was interested in cash back.

It looks like there are (at least) three types of response:  Recommended, Additional Products, and PreQualified.   I only get Recommened/Additional, based presumably on selecting certain fields like Cash Back.  When I input my wife's info, she got a Congratulations, PreQualified for one of the cards.

So Prequal means as much as Prequal ever means, but Recommended means even less!

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.