Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Opinions?

tag
BlueTank
Established Member

Barclay Opinions?

I recently opend a Barclay Arival Card for the 40K signup bonus, but was curious what others thought about the company as well as the card? I'm leaning towards just using it for the bonus then putting everything on sapphire. I am open minded however...

Amex Blue Cash Preferred - 9200 (1/13)
Chase Sapphire Visa Signature - 5000 (7/13)
Citi Thank You Preferred Visa - 10400 (4/11)
Barclay Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard - 5500 (7/13)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay Opinions?

@BlueTank wrote:

I recently opend a Barclay Arival Card for the 40K signup bonus, but was curious what others thought about the company as well as the card? I'm leaning towards just using in for bonus then putting everything on sapphire. I am open minded however...

@I like Barclay of course I have had no problems with them and recieved an auto CLI @ 5 1/2 months

NFL card 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 10
negg
Frequent Contributor

Been a card member for 2 years, it's my bal transfer card. 2% fee 0% interest for 16-18 months. In those 2 years I've made maybe 2 charges.

They don't call me, and I don't call them.
CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 3 of 10
ktm214
Frequent Contributor

I just applied and was approved for a Barclay's MC.  I'm kind of excited.

Message 4 of 10
BlueTank
Established Member

I'm personally excited for the 40k bonus to use on a trip this upcoming year. I haven't taken a real vacation since graduation.  We'll see how redemption goes. 

Amex Blue Cash Preferred - 9200 (1/13)
Chase Sapphire Visa Signature - 5000 (7/13)
Citi Thank You Preferred Visa - 10400 (4/11)
Barclay Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard - 5500 (7/13)
Message 5 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@BlueTank wrote:

I recently opend a Barclay Arival Card for the 40K signup bonus, but was curious what others thought about the company as well as the card? I'm leaning towards just using in for bonus then putting everything on sapphire. I am open minded however...

@I like Barclay of course I have had no problems with them and recieved an auto CLI @ 5 1/2 months

NFL card 

Me too, but at 6 months.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@BlueTank wrote:

NFL card 

Me too, but at 6 months.

Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 10
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Barclays seems hit or miss on CLIs. I have read many stories of people whe start getting them at about the 5th or 6th statement and I have of longer periods.  I have had mine for over a year without a CLI. 

Their customer service is average.  You get some good people, you get some bad. 

Their site is functional and nice to look at. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 8 of 10
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

They're alright people, but don't expect to get much from them if you aren't using their card. There are some people who get increases and new cards with them without using the cards much, but they mostly do not like bonus chasers at all. If you want the limit to increase or plan on getting another card from them, I suggest you use the card at least for some purchases to show that you use it and can pay it off when it's needed.

Message 9 of 10
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@negg wrote:
They don't call me, and I don't call them.

Smiley Very Happy  Sounds like one of my old sub-prime cards. lol

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.